The popular Android v4.4.2 KitKat Assassin ROM custom firmware has been made available to Samsung's 2013 flagship phablet Galaxy Note 3 N900 model.
The Assassin ROM custom firmware is based on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with TouchWiz, and features performance tweaks for long battery life, new level of customization options, Assassin Kernel and more.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM in to the device):
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom firmware(Assassin ROM) has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900. If tried on other devices, the device might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Rooting of devices leads to a complete data wipeout, so make sure of backing up all data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone to save the data.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat Assassin Custom Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900:
Step 1: Download Android v4.4.2 KitKat Assassin ROM custom firmware (here) in to your PC.
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 to PC via USB chord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android v4.4.2 Assassin ROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular 'Recovery Mode' sortie by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900) will take at least five minutes (only for the first time) to complete the booting process.
Users should then head to the device's 'Settings' option>> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of custom firmware Android v4.4.2 KitKat Assassin ROM.