A new Android v4.4.2 KitKat X-Note custom ROM has been made available to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE model.
Apart from the official KitKat features, the new custom ROM comes with loads of goodies like X-Note exclusive themes, TW launcher grid 5x4, multi dpi Samsung keyboard (with fixed smiley view), NE2 apk (with multi dpi compatibility), disable safe volume message option, modified UI sounds, busy box, Key board switcher and many more performance and UI tweaks.
Prerequisites (things to remember before rooting the device):
- Rooting enables users to install custom ROMs or third party apps of their choice and also perform tweaks in the settings to improve the device's performance. Though users get more control over the smartphone this way, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom ROM has to be installed only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE model [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Rooting of devices leads to a complete data wipeout, so make sure to back up all data [Install Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone to save the data].
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC, or else the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat X-Note Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9005)
Step 1: Download Android v4.4.2 KitKat X-Note Custom Firmware (here) in to your PC.
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to PC via USB chord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android v4.4.2 X-Note zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, make sure the device is rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) will take a minimum five minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of custom firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat X-Note custom ROM.