Developer NetherRealm Studios' fighting video game, Injustice: Gods Among Us that was released in April, is rumored to roll out a PlayStation Vita version of the game.
It was also reported that Warner Bros. publisher had declined to comment on the issue of PlayStation Vita version of the game. NetherRealm is known for supporting its game even after the release.
Meanwhile, the Game of the Year Edition (GotY) of Injustice: Gods Among Us might as well hit next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This was revealed in a Brazilian listing and earlier Amazon France outed that this edition will hit Wii U, PS Vita, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
NetherRealm's earlier game, Mortal Kombat too was earlier released only for console later expanding into PlayStation Vita in 2012 and on PC in 2013.
The game has also been making a steady release of new game characters. It released a playable character, Zatanna in August, which was preceded by the releases of Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, General Zod and Martian Manhunter.
Meanwhile, NetherRealm will be releasing a new patch on Oct 1, on which it has been working for a long time and had promised that it will be "one final huge patch and more DLC skins." The company has released the full patch notes of the new update. This patch will make the DLC characters unavailable in the archives, players will also be able to restart an offline versus match from the start menu, Justpushstart reported.
Patch 1.06 Release Notes (Injustice Official Website):
DLC Characters now in Archives - DLC Characters are now available in the Character Viewer located in the Archives.
Offline Restart Match - From the pause menu of an offline versus match, you can now instantly restart the match.
Online Instant Rematch Option - You now have the option to rematch instantly or to rematch and select new characters/background after an online player match.
Interactive Object Sound Cues - You now have the option to turn on sound cues that will notify the players when either is within range of an Interactive Object. This option can be found in the Gameplay Settings menu.
King of the Hill Challenges - There is now a default KOTH challenge assigned to you.
Arena Select - Starting Arena Level choice is now randomized as well when a 2nd player chooses to select a stage.
Building Meter - Slightly reduced the amount of meter gain on specials that can be canceled.
Meter Refill in Practice - The super meter is now set to REFILL in practice mode.
Wall Bounce Interactive Objects - Improved the hit box on 3d Wall Bounce Interactions so that they will hit within a combo regardless of stance switch.
Directional Hard Attacks
- Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
- You now take 50% less damage when hit during the armored portion of a Meter Burned directional Hard Attack.
Meter Burning Interactive Objects - It now costs 2 bars of Meter to apply Meter Burn properties to Interactive Objects.
Transition Damage - Adjusted Transition Damage across all arenas so that they are consistent with each other.
Frame Data Corrections - Multiple Frame Data Corrections.
Throw Immunity - Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.
Input Buffering in Advanced Controls - After Blocking in Advanced Controls, you can now buffer special moves without resetting to a neutral position on the controller.
Projectile Hit Pauses - Removed the hit pause/screenshake from several projectiles when they hit the walls of arenas.
Meter Burning Through Interactive Object Damage - Fixed an issue where some Interactive Objects were still inflicting splash damage after the opponent armored through them.
Resetting Metropolis APC Gunner in Practice - You can now properly reset the APC gunner in practice mode in the Metropolis Street.
Metropolis - Rooftop - Flying WASPs respawn rate increased to 8-12 seconds (previously 4-6 seconds)
Insurgency - Command Center - Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when the overhead television monitors are thrown by power characters
Insurgency - Luthor's Lab - Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when the hanging lights are thrown by power characters
Insurgency - Luthor's Lab - Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when Braniac's head is thrown by power characters
Fortress of Solitude - Laboratory - The Ship swing no longer has invulnerable frames for some power characters.
- The cool down on theWater of Life(character power) has increased to 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
- Improved the hit box on theDivine Order(Medium, Medium) combo.
- It is no longer possible to interrupt hisAnnihilatorsuper move after is has connected.
- You can now Meter Burn theWarp Transmissionspecial move to improve the recovery time.
- By holding towards during theFront Warp Transmission, you will now teleport further away from your opponent.
- By holding away during theBehind Warp Transmission, you will now teleport away from your current position.
- Bane now takes 95%, 85%, 70% damage while inVenom Boost(character power) levels 1, 2, 3 respectively.
- Bane can now apply a Meter Burn to theVenom Uppercutwhen it misses the opponent or is blocked.
- During the Meter BurnVenom Uppercut, Bane no longer has extended armor after the move is complete.
- Improved hitbox onInfinite Crisiscombo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32).
- The size of her hurt box was slightly increased, meaning she will be vulnerable to a wider array of attacks.
- The duckingLightattack can now be parried correctly.
- TheBat-Wheelcan no longer be ducked by certain characters.
- Mechanical Bats(Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Increased recovery time for theStay Downcombo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.
- Straight Grapplecan now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
- Reduced duration ofOrbs of Seth(Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
- Boot Stompnow has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
- Lightning Strikenow only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
- The Meter Burn version of theLightning Strikeis now -1 (down from +8)
- The Meter Burn version ofBlack Magicno longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting
- Adjusted his back dash to cover less distance and to recover in 31 frames (up from 26) and front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
- Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
- Fixed an issue where theOrbs of Sethwere labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
- Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of theOrbs of Seth.
- Improved Hit Advantage on theEye Of Horuscombo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)
- The Meter Burn version of theCat Dashnow has two hits of armor.
- Both the High and LowFeline Evadenow have 1 start up frame (down from 2).
- Loosened the input requirements for hisGrapplespecial moves when performed within a combo.
- The full activation time for theRepair Circuit(Character Power) health regeneration is now 2 seconds (down from 5 seconds) and regenerates double the amount of health.
- The cool down for theRepair Circuitis now 8 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to perform Cyborg's Forward or BackGrapplefrom the down-back or down-forward position in Advanced Controls.
- TheEnhanced Reflexes(character power) activation time has been reduced to 60 frames (down from 85 frames), lasts 3 seconds (down from 5 seconds), and has a cool down of 6 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
- Bullets fired during theEnhanced Reflexescharacter power now perform less damage.
- TheEye for an Eyesuper move now has 9 additional frames of armor.
- The meter burn version of hisVenomspecial move now has two hits of armor.
- If Doomsday is hit into a 3D wall bounce while hisDoom to All(Character Power) is active, the Interactive Object is no longer rendered useless for the rest of the match.
- Improved the hit box on theFlying Uppercutspecial move.
- Slightly increased damage scaling.
- His crouching Medium attack now has a block advantage of -11 (down from +1) and has increased recovery frames when it misses.
- HisSpeed Zonesuper move now performs 34.5% damage (down from 38.5%)
- Fixed an issue that allowed Flash'sFlying Uppercutto pass through some characters without dealing any damage.
- Fixed an issue where interrupting theTime Loop(character power) would sometimes result in the background color staying corrupted.
- Now correctly enters a crouching state when firing low arrows.
- TheStingerspecial move now has a frame advantage of -13 (up from -25) and can now be Meter Burned when blocked for frame advantage.
- Removed a 2 frame OTG window after a Meter Burn version of theLantern's Mightspecial move.
- TheSingle Shot(Down + Hard) now has a block advantage of -15 and results in a hard knockdown.
- TheTake Aim(Back + Medium) attack has an improved hitbox.
- You can no longer interrupt theMallet Bombsuper move after it has connected.
- TheBag-O-Tricksnow has an 8 second cool down period (up from 5 seconds).
- Aquaman can no longer use hisWater of LifeCharacter Power to escape theMallet Bombsuper move.
- The meter burn version of theMace Chargewill now autocorrect and force opponents to block in some instances where it could have previously been avoided by smaller characters.
- TheAcid Blossomnow consistently has a block advantage of +5 regardless of stance switch.
- TheCrowbarnow has a block advantage of -4 (up from -25) and has a better hit advantage when Meter Burned.
- TheJoker's Wild(character power) High Parry now has 1 startup frame (down from 2) and the Low Parry now has 2 startup frames (down from 3).
- Successfully performing aFrostbiteparry on an opponent's armored attack will now remove the armor.
- TheLex Probeswill now always put the victim in hit stun when hitting inside of a combo.
- Charging theLance Blastswill now result in significantly increased damage when they connect with the opponent.
- Overall hit box adjustments to make combos more consistent.
- Aquaman can no longer use hisWater of Lifecharacter power to escape Lex's super move after it connects.
- TheHook Chargespecial move now hits as an overhead, has an improved startup of 13 frames (down from 16), and has improved viability as a wakeup attack.
- The Meter Burn version of theHook Chargenow has 2 hits of armor.
- Now loads two rounds for hisNuclear Shellscharacter power (up from 1).
- All Pump Shot blasts now have extended reach whenNuclear Shellsare loaded.
- When aNuclear Shellis loaded, the 2ndMeter Burn Pump Shot blast will have significantly increased damage.
- TheMain Mansuper move now hits the opponent overhead.
- TheDownward Phase Assaultnow can now hit opponents who are higher in the air.
- TheLight to the Light(Back+ Light, Hard) combo no longer results in a hard knockdown.
- Martian Manhunter now has less Frame Advantage after performing a Forward Throw.
- Martian Manhunter is now properly pushed out of the corner when performing throws.
- The last hit ofStaff Spinwhen meter burned will now hit smaller characters.
- Corrected an issue where some combos were doubling their damage scaling.
- Adjusted the hit box on theGravedigger(Medium, Up + Hard) combo to hit all crouching opponents.
- TheGravedigger(Medium, Up + Hard) combo now has a block advantage of -1 (down from +5).
- TheBloody Spearcan now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
- Fixed an issue where using theBloody Spearvs Aquaman while in hisWater of Lifecharacter power would result in Scorpion getting knocked down.
- Fixed an issue where Scorpion'sTeleport Punchwould pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled.
- Increased the damage on the regular and Meter Burn versions of hisHerculean MightandAchilles Clutchcommand grabs while also slightly improving the hit boxes.
- TheMighty Charge(Back + Medium, Hard) Combo now pops up to allow for juggle combos.
- Increased the damage output for both theAtlas Torpedoand theBolt of Zeus.
- Increased the amount of block damage on hisHook Kick(Hard Attack).
- Solomon's Judgment(Character Power) now has proper damage scaling.
- TheLost Will(Back + Light, Medium) combo now hits Mid.
- ThePain Chain(Character Power) can no longer be parried.
- Increased the damage on both the regular and Meter Burn versions of Grundy'sGrave RotSpecial Attack.
- The Meter Burn version of theFlying Punchnow has 2 hits of armor.
- Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
- TheKryptonian SmashSuper Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
- The Ground and AirHeat Visionattacks now have additional recovery frames.
- Slight hit box adjustment to theCross Swipe(Toward + Medium) attack.
- Increased the amount of damage scaling after using theHeat Zapspecial move.
- In Sword Stance, her Directional Hard attack is no longer able to be clashed.
- ActivatingSargon's Hat Stance(Character Power) no longer forces the end of a ground combo.
- Loosened the input requirements of herTeleportmoves.
- You can now only cancel herLevitatetwice during a ground combo.
- The Meter Burn version of herFire Kisscan no longer be ducked by certain characters.
- Catwoman and Wonder Woman can no longer parry herGround Magicspecial move (inSargon's Hat Stance) while standing.
- Reduced the start up frames of her ducking Medium attack to 8 (down from 10)
- Reduce the start up frames of her jumping Light attack to 6 (down from 8).
- TheMaster Puppetspecial move now works correctly online.
- Increased the size of the hitbox on the second hit of herMulti Kickspecial move so that some characters can no longer duck under it.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to perform an infinite combo with Zatanna on larger characters.
- ThePhantom Wraith(Character Power) Slash can no longer be parried.
- Phantom Wraithattacks now have proper damage scaling.
- Fixed an issue where missing an opponent with thePhantom Wraithgrab would result in undesirable effects.
- The(Air) Zod Chargenow has 6 startup frames (up from 1).
- TheLow Punch(Down + Light) andI Always Win(down+light, Medium) combo no longer result in a hard knockdown.
- Improved the hit box on theFallen Kryptonian(Toward + Medium, Light) combo.