Indrani Mukherjea, one of the three prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case who was hospitalised in an unconscious state on Friday, is now stable and out of danger.

"She is out of danger. She is now conscious. She is drowsy. When you ask her, she responds by oral command. We have just given her water to drink and she has consumed it. Her condition is better," State-run JJ Hospital's dean Dr TP Lahane told reporters on Sunday.

Lahane added that Indrani will be kept under observation for the next 24-48 hours. "We will keep her under observation for the next 24-48 hours," Lahane said, according to The Times of India.

Indrani was admitted to Sir JJ Hospital in "critical" condition on Friday. On Saturday, she was said to be responding to voice commands and was in "a semi-conscious state". She was also kept on ventilator to help her breathe, IANS reported.

She was suspected to have attempted suicide by allegedly consuming anti-depressant, which was reportedly found in higher level in her urine. "Normally if a patient is on anti-depressant drug the level of benzodiazepine in urine is 200. But the level of benzodiazepine is 2,088 as per the Hinduja report. The report is positive for drug overdose. Anti-epileptic drugs has already been ruled out. The (test) has come negative. It is only the anti-depressant that has caused the thing (collapse)," Lahane had said.

Indrani was arrested on 25 August for allegedly murdering her daughter Sheena Bora in April 2012. Her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna and the driver of the Mukherjeas, Shyamvar Rai, are also facing charges of murder.

The case was initially being probed by Mumbai Police under the supervision of then police commissioner Rakesh Maria. However, Maharashtra government handed over the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) days after Maria's sudden transfer as Director General of Home Guards.

The CBI took over the case on 29 September and filed an FIR against the trio. Indrani, Khanna and Rai are in judicial custody that will expire on 5 October.