Indian Army on Tuesday reportedly denied reports that they destroyed Pakistani bunkers and killed several soldiers across the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
It was earlier reported that Indian Army had killed seven Pakistani soldiers and destroyed two bunkers along the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan, just hours after it emerged that the Pakistani Army had mutilated the bodies of two Indian soldiers who were killed in a ceasefire violation on Monday, May 1.
According to Hindustan Times, a senior officer with the army's northern command said that the reports were not true.
"There was no retaliation whatsoever by us in the KG sector on Monday night. They (TV channels) go ballistic without asking us anything. We will retaliate and when we do, we will come out with an official statement," the officer told Hindustan Times.
Reports had earlier said that the two bunkers that were said to have been destroyed on the Pakistani side were exactly opposite of the Krishna Ghati sector where the ceasefire violation had taken place a day ago. Several Pakistani soldiers of the 647 Mujahideen battalion were there.
It was reported that the 'action' came amid social media — in a reflection of the mood of entire India — calling for revenge with hashtag #BadlaLo: Take revenge. As news spread of the Indian Army action, it was hailed as another surgical strike by many, even though there was no official word on it.