Hugh Jackman will celebrate his 47th birthday on 12 October, 2015 (Monday). The Australian actor, singer and producer, who is best known for playing Wolverine in the "X-Men" series, has many interesting films and facts to his credit that will make you fall in love with him even more.
Hugh Jackman's age and his irresistible looks are clearly contradicting, but ladies, he is a married man and has two kids with his actress wife Deborra-Lee Furness.
On his birthday, we list out some interesting facts you probably don't know about Hugh Jackman.
- If not an actor, Hugh Jackman would have been a daytime television host or a stockbroker.
- The Australian actor, actually holds a degree in communications, with an emphasis on journalism, from the University of Technology in Sydney. But it was only later he took a drama theory class, and was bitten by the acting bug.
- His childhood was kind of tough. His parents separated when he was eight, and soon after his mom returned to her native England. Jackman's father raised five children alone. That's why he was an "angry kid," but rugby helped him cope with his anger management issues.
- As a kid Hugh Jackman loved Olivia Newton John — the "Grease" actress and pop singer. He kept a poster of her under his desk that he would smooch from time to time.
- During his childhood, the actor spent a lot of time on the beaches, camping and travelling all over Australia. His childhood dream was to become a chef on a plane, so that he could travel around the world.
- Hugh used to be afraid of heights as a child, but his brother helped him get over the fear. They would jump off a diving board, with each one getting progressively higher and they repeatedly did this over and over again until Hugh wasn't scared anymore.
- The actor's first job was as a gas station attendant and a birthday party clown.
- Hugh Jackman is left-handed. He has a very poor vision and can't read a menu without contact lenses.
- Sushi is his comfort food, while his favourite drink (alcoholic) is a gin and tonic.
- His favourite play is Shakespeare's "Henry V."
- Hugh is a talented singer — he sang at his friend Nicole Kidman's wedding with Keith Urban. Apart from singing, he can also play the piano, guitar and violin.
And if you are huge Hugh Jackman fans, then what better way to celebrate the Wolverine's birthday than watch some of his best movies.
Here's a list of some of the Australian actor's movies, apart from "X-Men" and "The Wolverine" series that you must watch.
1) Real Steel
3) The Prestige
4) Les Miserables
7) Kate & Leopold
8) The Fountain
10) Someone Like You
11) Deception Paperback Hero