After months of silence on the pricing and availability of the Huawei Watch, which was launched at the Mobile World Conference earlier this year, the Chinese tech giant has finally started accepting pre-orders for its Android Wear-powered smartwatch.
At the IFA show in Berlin, Huawei revealed that there will be six models of its exquisite smartwatch. The base variant is up for pre-orders across major retailers including Amazon.com, Google Store, BestBuy.com and its own GetHuawei.com.
According to the Huawei Watch listing on the company's online store, the smartwatch price ranges from $349.99 (approximately Rs 23,000) and goes as high as $799.99 (approximately Rs 53,000). The six models of Huawei Watch and their individual pricing are as follows:
- Stainless Steel with Black suture leather strap: $349.99 (approximately Rs 23,000).
- Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel mesh strap: $399.99 (approximately Rs 26,500).
- Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel link band: $399.99 (approximately Rs 26,500).
- Black Stainless Steel with Black Stainless Steel link band: $449.99 (approximately Rs 29,750).
- Rose Gold-plated Stainless Steel with Brown suture leather strap: $699.99 (approximately Rs 46,250).
- Rose Gold-plated Stainless Steel with Gold-plated Stainless Steel link band: $799.99 (approximately Rs 53,000).
Of all the six models, Huawei Watch Stainless Steel with Black suture leather strap, Stainless Steel mesh strap, Stainless Steel link band and Black Stainless Steel link band are available for pre-orders. The high-end Rose Gold models will go on sale later this year, NDTV reports.
As for the specifications, the Huawei Watch features a 1.4-inch round-dial AMOLED touch screen display with 400x400 pixel resolution and 286ppi. It is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB RAM and 4GB storage. There's a 300mAh battery with fast charging tech that can give up to 80 percent battery in just 45 minutes.
Like any other high-end smartwatch, Huawei Watch sports a heart rate sensor, motion sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer and a microphone. It is powered by Android Wear OS and carries out voice commands using 'OK Google' function.
The smartwatch is currently available in the US and goes on sale in the country starting 17 September. Huawei also confirmed that the smartwatch will be available in more than 20 countries, including United States, United Kingdom, UAE, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Spain, France and more.