Google launched the company's first fully owned Pixel smartphone series on October 4. The company in a bid to make smoother transition for consumers from their old phones to the Pixel series, it has included a dedicated USB connector, dubbed as the 'Quick Switch Adapter' in the package.
Google's OTG (On-The-Go) migrate tool will enable transfer of all data including contact details, SMSs, iMessages, pictures, videos and other information from the old device to new Google Pixel phone.
Users just need to follow the simple procedure detailed below to make the migration less cumbersome.
Things to keep in mind before making the switch:
Users are advised to keep the new Pixel's battery charged to at least 50% before connecting.
Supported devices include:
- iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 and later
- Nexus 5, 6, 5X, 6P running Android 5.0 and up
- Most Android devices running Android 5.0 and up
How to switch contents from Apple iPhones to Google Pixel:
Step 1: Connect your old Apple iPhone or Android device to your new Pixel with the Quick Switch Adapter.*
- If you are switching from iPhone, turn off iMessage before you remove the SIM on your old device by going to "Settings", tap "Messages" and set iMessage to "off". Then, go back to "Settings", tap "FaceTime" and set FaceTime to "off".
- If you have already removed the SIM from the iPhone, you can request that Apple deregister your phone number with iMessage. Learn more.
Step 2: Sign in your Pixel phone with Google account. Your new Pixel will automatically sign you in to your Google Account, but if not, simply enter your password.
Step 3: Once you've signed in to your Google Account, choose what you want to move, like your contacts, calendar events, photos, videos, music, SMS messages, iMessages and more. Then, sit back, as the Pixel phone will automatically do the work.