Popular custom mobile firmware developers Resurrection Remix team has released the latest Android 5.0.2 series update to the Samsung's 2013 flagship smartphone Galaxy S4 LTE.
The new software is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.0.2 Lollipop OS and is said bring in new visually appealing interface, customisation options.
Some of the salient features of Resurrection Remix Android 5.0.2 custom ROM include:
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- Clock-colour options
- Toast animation
- Network traffic monitor
- Listview animations
- Add weather display option on status bar header
- Even come with CM12 series custom ROM features
- New music and audio fx app (from Cyanogen)
- Performance tweaks and lots of improvements to enhance the user experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing the Custom ROM):
- This new Resurrection Remix Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (with Snapdragon 600 CPU) LTE model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Resurrection Redmix Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.0.2 Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Resurrection Remix Android v5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]