A new LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM has been made available to Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone Galaxy S3 (3G) model.
The new LiquidSmooth custom ROM series is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) v5.0.2 Lollipop and is said to boost device performance, new visual interface, bring customisation option, new short-cuts for easy access to key apps and loads of personalisation options such as-
- IME switcher at notification control option
- Toast animation
- Call-blacklist option
- SMS rate limiting option
- Custom Liquid logo in setting options >> about phone
- Option to show kernel Toolchain and other information
- Navigation bar with height control option
- Partition size info Spam filter option
- Volume rocker wake-up option
- Custom Lockscreen shortcut
- Viper4android integrated
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- This new CM12 custom ROM series Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (with Exynos chipset) 3G model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation guide of LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Place Android 5.0.2 Lollipop zip file into the phone's SD card memory and Google Apps. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Update: How to Install CyanogenMod [Unofficial] CM12 Custom ROM
- CyanogenMod Announces 'Sprout' Custom ROM Support for Google Android One Smartphones [How to Install CM11 Firmware Tutorial]
- LG G2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Update: How to Install CyanogenMod [Official] CM12 Custom ROM Nightly
- Google Nexus 4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Update: How to Install CyanogenMod [Unofficial] CM12 Beta Custom ROM [Guide]
- Motorola Moto G (Falcon) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Update: How to Install CyanogenMod [Official] CM12 Custom ROM Nightlies