Chinese smartphone maker Oneplus has announced over-the-air availability of CM12s and OxygenOS finally. But Indian users of OnePlus One will get only OxygenOS. Though both the OxygenOS and CM12s are based on Android Lollipop OS, OnePlus users are more familiar with the CM os version than the other one.
You can still upgrade your OnePlus smartphone to CM12s. If you feel the manual procedure is cumbersome, here is a simple, step-by-step guide that tells you how to install CM12s on your Oneplus One smartphone with just one click; the process will take care of the rest.
- Make sure the Oneplus One handset has minimum 70% battery life available. It will prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain).
- Install the correct USB drivers for the device.
- Navigate to Settings>>Developer Options, enable USB Debugging mode.
- Backup your OnePlus One smartphone.
- Download the required ADB Driver execution (.exe) file from here and choose Y at the installation option
Steps for installation:
- Connect your Oneplus One smartphone to the computer through USB data cable.
- Once the device prompts as connected on your system, double click on the ADB Driver file to open it up.
- The installer will take care of the rest. Once the update is successful, the device will automatically reboot itself to fastboot mode.
- The process requires an active Internet connection for downloading the ROM. If you prefer to work offline, download the CM12s ROM file including driver from Here.