A new Android v4.4.2 KitKat Liscio Custom ROM has been made available to the LG-Google flagship smartphone Nexus 5.
Liscio custom ROM for Google Nexus 5 is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based stock OS but certain applications and library files, such as Google calendar, MusicFX and all the Asian language related interface, are said to be removed.
Pre-requisites (things to remember before installaing the custom ROM):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, it is a two-edged sword. Once installed, the smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock ROM].
- This custom ROM has to installed only on Google Nexus 5 [To check your model: Go to Settings >> About device >> model number]
- Rooting of the devices leads to a complete data wipeout, so make sure to back all the data.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your smartphone.
- One of the main pre-requisites before installing custom ROM is that the phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP.
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80 percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This process is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) of Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked/temporarily un-usable or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. Readers cannot hold International Business Times, India Edition responsible for any damage or claims if the procedure does not yield the desired results or if the smartphones get damaged. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat Liscio custom ROM for Google Nexus 5:
Step 2: Connect Google Nexus 5 to PC via USB chord.
[Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download USB driver]
Step 3: Then, place Android Liscio v4.4.2 zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Now turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Bootloader Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume UP' 'Volume Down' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: Once initiated follow the instructions, firstly choose 'BOOTLOADER' and then enter RECOVERY mode.
Step 7: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 8: Now, empty the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 9: Then to come back to ClockworkMod recovery menu, and select 'advanced' and click 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors ]
Step 10: Again go back to the main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 11: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Again repeat the same procedure to install Gapps (Google Apps) file [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 12: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device choosing 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Google Nexus 5) will take a minimum five minutes to complete the booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of custom 4.4.2 KitKat Liscio ROM Android.
[Credit: Team Android]