A new Android 4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM has been made available to the Samsung's 2011 flagship smartphone- Google Galaxy Nexus I9250.
According to Team Android, the new C-RoM firmware is based on v4.4.4 Android KitKat and brings in loads of customization options such as-
- Animation controls
- Floating windows
- Lockscreen notification
- 'Gesture Anywhere' option
- Active display (like we see in the Moto X)
- Dark C-RoM theme
- Animation control options
- 'On-The-Go' mode
- App side bar
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM in to the device):
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experience, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- This Android 4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM firmware has to be installed on Samsung-Google Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 (aka Maguro) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your (Samsung-Google Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM for Samsung-Google Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250:
Step 2: Connect Samsung-Google Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download the firmware]
Step 3: Place Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file and Google .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Perform the regular 'Bootloader Mode' sortie by press holding 'volume up', 'volume down' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the 'Bootloader mode', go to ClockworkMod Recovery mode, then clear phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.4 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure for installing Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Your device (Samsung-Google Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250) will now take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Android 4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM custom firmware.
[Credits: Team Android]