Happy Mother's Day 2015.
Mother's Day, a day dedicated to mothers, is celebrated on the second Sunday of May in many parts of the world and this year it falls on 10 May.
The celebration began in the early 20th century in the United States after Anna Jarvis conducted a memorial ceremony for her mother in West Virginia.
Check out some interesting quotes that can be shared with your mother:
- "Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved." — Eric Fromm, German author and social psychologist.
- "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." — Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the United States.
- "Mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories." — Honore de Balzac, French novelist and playwright.
- "May she who gave you birth be happy." — Proverbs 23:25
- "A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." — Victor Hugo
- "Children, obey our parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor you father and mother' - which is the first commandment with a promise - 'that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." — Ephesians 6:
- There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing. — Billy Sunday
- "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." — Princess Diana
- "My mother is a walking miracle." — Leonardo DiCaprio
- "An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest." — Spanish proverb