Ace Bollywood actress Tabu, who has also worked in Hollywood, turns 44 on 4 November.
Tabu has made the nation proud with her brilliant acting skills. She has been honoured with two National Film Award for Best Actress for her roles in "Maachis" (1996) and "Chandni Bar" (2001). She has also won six Filmfare Awards.
Tabu was recently seen in Vishal Bharadwaj's "Haider", where she played the character of Shahid Kapoor's mother. She also starred in "Drishyam" alongside Ajay Devgn.
Let's take a look at some lesser-known facts about the birthday girl.
- When Tabu was young, she once accompanied elder sister Farah Naaz for an outstation shooting of a film, where she accused Jackie Shroff of molesting her.
- She is rumoured to have been in a relationship with celebs like producer-director Sajid Nadiadwala, actor-producer Sanjay Kapoor and Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna.
- Tabu's full name is Tabassum Fatima Hashmi. Apart from Hindi and English, she can speak Urdu and Telugu.
- She was born in Kolkata and her parents divorced when she was a child. She has reportedly never seen her father.
- Though Tabu has experimented with her roles and looks, she has never agreed to change her hairstyle. She believes her long and black hair is an asset.
- Tabu is a pure vegetarian. Apparently, her mother cooks delicious biriyani but the actress prefers to remain vegetarian.
- She is the niece of veteran actress Shabana Azmi. Farah Naaz, who has worked in films like "Baap Numbri Beta Dus Numbri" and "Begunaah" is Tabu's elder sister. Cinematographer Baba Azmi is Tabu's uncle.
Check out the above slideshow of Tabu's rare pictures.