Actress Alia Bhatt turns 22 on 15 March. The "Highway" actress, who started her journey in Bollywood with "Student of the Year" (SOTY), has come a long way since then.
However, Karan Johar's "SOTY" was not her first appearance on silver screen. Alia made her debut in films as a child artist. She played young Preity Zinta in 1999 "Sangharsh", which also featured Akshay Kumar.
We have a few more facts here that not many of her fans are aware of:
- The dream role for the Bhatt girl, who always wanted to be an actress, would be her father Mahesh Bhatt's two films – "Dil Hai Ki Maanta Nahi" and "Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke".
- The actress is too close to her mother and she loves to sleep. Surprisingly, the bubbly Alia claims that she is an introvert and believes crying is good for you.
- As everybody knows the "2 States" actress is also a good singer and she says that it is in her genes. But, few people know that she underwent a training in A R Rahman's music school.
- Alia Bhatt is attracted to men's perfumes. The actress' family and friends called her 'Aloo' when she was growing up.
- Bhatt lost 16 kilos for her first film "SOTY" with Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan. The actress is ready to accept any kind of roles, except something that requires her going bald.
Check out the above slideshow of Alia Bhatt's selfies.