Bollywood 'Khiladi' Akshay Kumar turns 48 on 9 September. The actor, who is shooting for "Housefull 3" in London, is flying to Mumbai to celebrate his birthday with family.
Twinkle, or MrsFunnybones, shared a photo of her with birthday boy Akshay with a caption "All set for the birthday boy's dinner #happybirthday".
Reportedly, his kids Nitara and Aarav have schools and Twinkle was to visit Akshay alone on his birthday. But the parents decided to celebrate it with the kids too and thus, the "Brothers" actor is in Mumbai for a while.
On the other hand, friend and "Singh Is Bliing" director Prabhu Deva planned to give a surprise to Akshay but somehow the actor found it out and tweeted about it.
Apparently, Prabhu had planned to launch a track from their film "Singh Is Bliing" on his birthday.
Meanwhile, let's take a look at few lesser known facts of the birthday boy.
- Akshay writes 'Om' on top of the page before he starts writing anything.
- Apparently, Akshay shares his birthday with ex-girlfriend Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra.
- The "Gabbar Is Back" actor failed to clear his 12th grade examinations in the first attempt but later cleared it with First Class.
- Kumar's real name is Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. He worked as a chef and waiter in Bangkok where he went to learn martial arts.
- Akshay got the 'Khiladi' title as he has featured in eight of the series. 'Khiladi', 'Main Khiladi Tu Anari', 'Sabse Bada Khiladi', 'Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi', 'Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi', 'International Khiladi' and 'Khiladi 420' and 'Khiladi 786' are the films.
Check out the above slideshow to see Kumar's rare photos.