Amy Poehler, one of the brilliant comediennes of our time, celebrates her 44th birthday on Wednesday.
Poehler, best known as Leslie Knope -- a workaholic politician who loves her home state of Pawnee, will soon be seen with her bff (best friend forever) Tina Fey in the upcoming comedy "Sisters".
But we cannot wait till December to see more of her comedic gold, so here is a list of some of her most inspiring as well as hilarious dialogues as Leslie Knope in "Parks and Recreation":
Pawnee Zoo (Season 2 Episode 1)
April: Hey! This is my boyfriend Derek, and this is Derek's boyfriend Ben.
Leslie: Hey! Oh. Wait, sorry. What's the situation?
April: What do you mean?
Leslie: How does this work?
April: Derek is gay but he's straight for me and he's gay for Ben and Ben's really gay for Derek. And I hate Ben.
Derek: It's not that complicated.
Leslie: Oh. Yeah. Sure. (to the camera) The thing about youth culture is I don't understand it.
The Stakeout (Season 2 Episode 2)
I would like to be president someday, so no, I've not smoked marijuana. I ate a brownie once at a party in college. It was intense. It was kind of indescribable, actually. I felt like I was floating. Turns out there wasn't any pot in the brownie. It was just an insanely good brownie.
The Fight (Season 3 Episode 13)
"We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third."
How a Bill Becomes a Law (Season 5, Episode 3)
"I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself."
Also let us not forget the wonder descriptions she had for her best friend Ann, played by Rashida Jones. Here are some of the best Ann-jectives Knope used throughout the course of "Parks and Recreation":
- "Oh, Ann. You beautiful, naïve, sophisticated newborn baby."
- "Ann you (tricky/devious/coy) bastard."
- "Oh, Ann, you beautiful, rule-breaking moth."
- "Oh Ann, you beautiful tropical fish. You're smart as a whip and you're cool under pressure.""
- "Ann, you are such a good friend, you're a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk-ox. Thank you, ox."
- "Ann, you poetic noble land mermaid."
- "Oh, Ann, you beautiful spinster. I will find you love."
- "You're Ann Perkins! Sperm that is worthy of your perfect eggs does not grow on trees."
- "It is the most beautiful object I've ever seen. It is like the Ann Perkins of dresses. It is amazing."