Halo: The Master Chief Collection, since its release in November 2014 has had a problematic launch mainly due to matchmaking issues that left online multiplayer mode without much use, thwarting the excitement among players.
But 343 Industries has worked on the issues and has released some updates to fix the issue. Now, the developer has released a new update that will help improving the stability issues in matchmaking and bring roster fixes to the collection.
The collection consists of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 campaigns and Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 multiplayer modes, Halo Nightfall and will also get access to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta.
The developer issued an apology to the players saying, "On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority."
The Halo: The Master Chief Collection was only released on Xbox One.
Below are the full patch notes of content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo waypoint):
- Made improvements to the reliability of Matchmaking parties.
- Local split-screen players will now always be on the same team in Halo 2 Matchmaking.
- Made an update to allow players to use Voice Chat during loading screens in Matchmaking.
- Made an update to ensure that players are not forced into an incorrect party after encountering an issue in Matchmaking.
- Resolved an issue where the "Winning Team Won" text was shown in the Carnage Report.
- Made fixes to reduce the amount of time it takes to update the Roster:
- Players will now be discovered sooner after starting the game.
- Changes to the roster will be more immediate to better reflect friend activity.
- Made several improvements to party joining and management.
- Resolved an issue where players that were in a party could not join another party from the Roster.
- Made changes to ensure that parties cannot exceed the maximum party size of a playlist.
- Made an update to ensure that Party Leaders can assign a new Party Leader or Kick a player from their party.
- Made a change to ensure that teams selections are correctly carried over in Custom Games.
- Made an update to ensure that player settings do not revert to a previous state after completing a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer match.
- Made an update to ensure that players do not disconnect after completing a Custom Game.
- Resolved an issue in Custom Games where parties would disband if some players were playing in Split-Screen.
- Made a change to ensure that Halo 3 Custom Game variants display correct author information.
- Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.
- Made an update to ensure that the "Legend Slayer" achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- The "Pacifist" Achievement will no longer be awarded for resuming "Assault on the Control Room".
- Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
- Custom Games
- Campaign Playlists
- Main Menu
- Updated the Halo 2 "Green Fingers" Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Recon Button Layout.
- Made improvements to stat-tracking.
- Improved language support for Norweigan, Spanish, German and Japanese
The developer also said the team is working on resolving the improper functioning of "Legacy" controls as "Default" in Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 4.