Rockstar has delivered its promised Beach Bum downloadable content (DLC) as a part of its title update 1.06 for Grand Theft Auto (GTA) Online.
This free update will allow Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users to gain access to the Beach Bum DLC. The Beach Bum DLC will be accessible both in GTA Online and GTA 5's story mode and this patch will also fix issues like bugs and exploits in GTA Online.
The Beach Bum DLC is a free content and features new vehicles, new weapons, new clothing and new missions to GTA Online.
The four new vehicles added can be accessed at southernsanandreassuperautos.com via in-game website. Vehicles added are - BF Bifta dune buggy, Canis Kalahari off-road truck, Bravado Paradise beach camper van, Speeder speedboat. These vehicles will also be available in GTA 5.The DLC also gets two new weapons - a SNS Pistol and a Broken Bottle melee weapon.
This patch adds 30 new Jobs to GTA Online via Rockstar Games Social Club cloud services. The DLC will include beach themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Grand Attacks, the beachfront "Survival on Del Perro Pier" and more. It will also be adding a new character customisation options like surfer clothing, tribal tattoos and shaggy hair, the company posted on Rockstar Newswire.
Rockstar has teased that it is developing Content Creator, cooperative Heists and a CTF mode for GTA Online.
Below is the complete list of patch 1.06:
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
The patch also adds dynamic tuning to GTA Online. Tweaks are made to Bad Sport system and continued balancing of rewards. Below is the complete list:
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
Rockstar has asked players to send them feedback in case of any issues in the new update.