The wait for Rockstar's GTA 5 for next-generation (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) consoles is over after its launch on 18 November 2014. The developer also released title update 1.17 for GTA 5 Online on Launch Day. The title update 1.17 is huge, weighing up 1.14 GB.
Some of the top changes that is brought about by the update, as posted by Rockstar in its Newswire:
- Last Team Standing (LTS) Creator
- 'Rounds' option
- 'Random Job' option in booting screen
- Lampadati Furore GT to Legendary Motorsport
- LCC Innovation, Shitzu Hakuchou, Canis Kalahari Topless to Southern San Andreas Super-Autos
- Weapons like Heavy Shotgun, Marksman Rifle
- Twenty new 'Flags of the World' themed parachute bags
- Thirty new team themed clothing items
- Bulletproof helmets in five colours, new masks - Combat Mask, Skeletal added to Vespucci Movie Masks
- LTS Jobs like Tataviam Truckstop, Storm Drain, Skyscraper, Paleto Bay, N.O.O.S.E, Mount Josiah, Hawick, Grand Banks, Del Perro Freeway and Alta.
Some new features include:
- Addition of Pause Menu that will allow players to remain the Host
- Lobby queueing system
- Players to be notified when the Job is launched
- Quick Match with friends or alone to activities using option in phone
- Ability to switch the Parachute canopies via the Interaction menu
- Quicker despawning of Pegasus vehicles
- Betting money raised from GTA $2,500 to GTA $10,000
- Removal of the Weapons Award menu
Rockstar has tried to fix a lot of issues in GTA 5 including that of exploits, issue of players being unable to take cover behind a Dinka Thrust motorcycle, issue where Crew Rank could drop, issue of Parachuting Race camera appearing twice, issues of Riot Van unable to spawn and many more genral issues.
Issues and Confirmation of PS4 to PC Transfer
Rockstar has said that players facing issues relating to transfer to PS4 or Xbox One that players must have played GTA Online since 2013.
Rockstar, according to NeoGAF member, confirmed the transfer of characters from PS4 to PC. In its reply it said, "You should be able to transfer your PS4 character to the PC Version when it comes out." However, it has not mentioned anything for Xbox One owners.
The company has confirmed that following items to Play Station 4 and Xbox One. For more transfer details, players can dig it at Rockstar Support: Money, Rank and RP, Game Progress, Items and Property, Creator, Crews, Achievements and Trophies.
Though many of the top gaming websites are in the process of completion of their review, below are some of the reviews for GTA 5 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
GameSpot - 9/10
"Aside from a few mild frame rate issues that sometimes take the edge off its more dramatic moments, this is the definitive version of GTA V, and the bar by which all other open-world games, or indeed any game that aims for a cinematic feel, should be judged."
"An incredibly ambitious upgrade that not only improves the visuals and gameplay but, through the new first person view, offers a new way to play the best GTA ever."
God is Greek - 10 /10
"As ever, Rockstar don't do things by halves, and Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 feels truly next-gen. It's not just a remake, it's a testament to the quality of the original that GTA V can effortlessly stand among the best titles so far available on the new consoles and, in many cases, surpass them."
US Gamer - 4.5/5
"No, this is not a true current-gen Grand Theft Auto and yes, there are still some rough edges, but Rockstar has undeniably made a great game even better. Even with the extra year, that's enough to keep Grand Theft Auto V in nearly-perfect territory."