In what can be welcome news to GTA 5 Online players, one of the most awaited features, Heists DLC is rumoured to be releasing real soon. Details and release date of the mode have been leaked.
Heists DLC, according to reports will be releasing on 23 December 2014. It will also contain new modes and loads of new content. The game will also see the likely inclusion of Cops N Crooks mode.
Though GTA 5 developer, Rockstar has not officially confirmed these reports that give out the release date and details, it has previously said it has been working on it and indicated it will be rolling out the mode sooner than later.
Fans have been mining for information since the Heists were announced in the GTA 5 source code, giving us an outline of what players can expect.
Heists will be part of a free update to GTA 5 Online and will be rolling out for all the platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Below are the features that were posted on Reddit that are likely to be part of Heists for GTA 5 Online:
- Heist (Planning Board) layout update for both High-End apartment interiors. This will be available across all platforms.
- Brand new 'Heist' selection menu featuring its own Social Club-based Leaderboard and misc options showing the list of un-completed Heist missions). This will be available across all platforms.
- 34 Texture Modifications to 4 different locations, this is in favour of added effect during Heist missions. This will be available across all platforms but the texture detail is improved on current-generation.
- 6 Heist missions in 4 unique locations.
- 5 Cops and Crooks missions in 4 unique locations.
- Improved anti-cheat methods.
- Three brand new vehicles.
- Brand new Apartment
- Three Heist-themed clothing items and more.
Holiday DLC Details
Apart from the Heists DLC reveal, GTA 5 Online players can expect more with what has been called as the Holiday DLC which will have a Holiday theme. This content will be released alongside Heists release on 23 December 2014.
Features and details of the yet-to-be announced/confirmed Holiday DLC were leaked by NillxModz:
- Gradient Controlled Snow (More snow on the pavement on Christmas morning then at the end of Christmas day - this means the roads will become more icey during the day - this applies to current-generation only - old generation will have normal snowfall
- 8 Christmas-themed clothing items (Scarf, t-shirt, suit jacket, pumps and suit trousers)
- 1 Limited Time Christmas Apartment Interior (This feature applies to next generation only - old generation will get discounts on selected apartments instead)
- 1 Exclusive Cops and Crooks Mission (Part of the Heists and Holiday Season DLC)
- Red Sky effect during snowfall (next-generation effect only)
This DLC will release with the Heist DLC on 23 December 2014 for all platforms.
Heists will come with more than one mission, but the Holiday DLC will follow with a bonus one.
GTA 5 PC Port Runs at 60FPS?
According to DSO Gaming (citing Alt-Tab), GTA 5 PC version that is slated for release early 2015 will be running at 60FPS. The report also states that the development is being handled by the team that was involved in development of Max Payne 3 PC version.
This information comes from an unnamed Rockstar developer. Apart from the framerate specification, the developer has not revealed specs for PC version of GTA 5.
This has not been confirmed by Rockstar and has to be treated as a rumour.
Below are some of the Cheats that might help players:
Weather – R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, Square
Slow Motion – Triangle, Left, Right, Right, Square, R2, R1
Vehicle Spawn – O, L1, Triangle, R2, X, Square, O, Right, Square, L1, L1, L1
Note: Cheats will disable earning trophies when they are activated.