Rockstar has released a new Title update 1.22/1.08 for GTA 5 Online that will bring in some bug fixes and stability to the popular action video game following the Heists update.
The new update will bring fixes to issues like characters changing appearance or gender, Parachute Jumps not being completed, issues of black screen at the end of certain Heists, Trophies not unlocking correctly, Heist Planning Board appearing blank, being unable to equip glasses in the Interaction Menu and other general fixes and network stability.
Below are the full patch notes of the Title update 1.22 (PS3/Xbox 360), 1.08 (PS4/Xbox One) for GTA 5 Online (Rockstar Support):
- Corrected changes to BMX bike physics that created issues with Races and stunting
- Fixed an issue in Story Mode where vehicles could be erroneously removed from players' hangars in rare cases
- Fixed an issue with some players' characters changing appearance or gender after updating to 1.08
- Corrected a problem where certain Parachute Jumps could not be completed
- Fixed issues where some players encountered a black screen at the end of certain Heists
- Fixed several issues where Trophies were unlocking incorrectly on PS4
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to equip glasses in the Interaction Menu
- Fixed an issue where certain player-created, 2-4 player Capture Jobs would fail erroneously when one player quit
- Fixed several issues where the Heist Planning Board would appear blank until leaving and re-joining GTA Online
- Fixed an issue where Los Santos Customs would charge more than the quoted amount if ordering parts from the iFruit app and applying the order in-game
- Fixed an issue where the "Parachute from 500 feet" daily objective was not completing after the player fell and parachuted from a far enough height
- Corrected a problem where chat audio could be erroneously muted while spectating players in a Heist
- General fixes to improve game and network stability for Story Mode and GTA Online
Reports of Visuals Downgrades after Update 1.08 – Rockstar Investigating
Many players have reported of visual downgrade following the Title update 1.08 for PS4 and Xbox One.
A video posted by YouTube user ElAnalistaDeBits shows us how following the recent update the graphical quality of the game has been downgraded. The video compares videos from update 1.00 and 1.08. This comparison is only for PS4 and Xbox One version of the game and showcases how some of the graphical effects of the game have been downgraded.
(YouTube Courtesy: ElAnalistaDeBits)
There were suggestions made by some members of the NeoGAF forum that these downgrades were made so that Rockstar could make Heists work, but the video above was recorded in single player mode and does not require downgrading for Heists to function, noted Attack of the Fanboy. Many other fans have speculated that this was done to bring framerate stability.
Also, GTA 5 fans have started a campaign on Twitter using hashtag #FIXGTAV.
Meanwhile, Rockstar has said in its Support page that it is aware of the graphical issues and is investigating the matter.
"We are aware of some graphical issues on the Xbox One and PS4 versions of GTAV after the most recent Title Update, and we are investigating a fix now," the developer said on the official Rockstar Support page.
Below are some screengrabs posted by fans on Twitter that reflects the graphical downgrade following the update 1.08:
— Karla Marie (@Luna_1206) March 27, 2015
— Stephaniee (@ArdimousPrime) March 27, 2015