Govinda gets angry on paps as he gets spotted outside Juhu hospital amid divorce row with Sunita Ahuja; manager dismisses second marriage claims
Govinda gets angry on paps as he gets spotted outside Juhu hospital amid divorce row with Sunita Ahuja; manager dismisses second marriage claimsInstagram

Bollywood actor Govinda and his wife, Sunita Ahuja, have been grabbing headlines for months now. Earlier this week, Sunita, along with their son Yashvardhan, was seen at a family court, where she withdrew her divorce petition against Govinda.

Sunita had earlier alleged that Govinda was planning to marry his Roope Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja co-star Komal Rani Swarnkar, who is significantly younger than him. She reacted strongly to pictures and videos involving the two, alleging that Govinda was involved with Komal and even referred to him as her "sugar daddy." Govinda subsequently hit back at Sunita, accusing her of interfering with his work and damaging his professional image, while asking her to "stay within her limits."

Sunita had also accused Govinda of cruelty and adultery in her divorce petition.

Amid ongoing speculation surrounding their relationship, Govinda was recently spotted outside a hospital in Juhu, Mumbai. His sudden appearance left paparazzi and fans wondering if the actor was doing well.

A video shared by Buzzzooka Scrolls shows Govinda stepping out of the hospital wearing a white shirt and blue denim jeans. He was also seen wearing a mask as he made his way out. When the paparazzi asked him if he was doing well, Govinda did not respond verbally and simply waved at them before leaving.

However, it is not clear whether Govinda visited the hospital for any medical concern or for a routine check-up.

Meanwhile, in a recent conversation with Rakhi Sawant, Sunita reportedly claimed that she took the step of filing for divorce after learning about Govinda's alleged plans to marry again. However, Govinda's manager has strongly denied the second-marriage claims and suggested that Sunita may have made the statements while she was emotionally distressed.

Govinda's manager dismisses Sunita Ahuja's claims

In an interview with India Today, Govinda's manager, Shashi Sinha, expressed shock over Sunita's claims and said, "I am hearing this from you. Aisa kuch nahi hai aur nahi hoga. Koi doosri shaadi nahi ho rahi (There's nothing like this, nor will it happen. There's no second marriage happening). She is his wife, and there must be something going on in her mind that she made those claims."

He added that if Govinda were really planning a second marriage, he would have been the one to file for divorce rather than Sunita. He said, "They are both mature people, and while Govinda has never spoken a word against Sunita in public, she has been the one washing dirty linen out. I am sure they both want the best for themselves and their children. We don't know what came over her that she took the decision back, but we can hope that things iron out. It's also for the betterment of the kids, for they really get affected by all this negativity."

Govinda and Sunita got married in 1987. In 2024, Sunita filed for divorce, and the petition reportedly cited adultery, cruelty and desertion under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

After Govinda's recent remarks, Sunita was seen exiting Mumbai's Bandra Family Court on August 19, accompanied by her son Yashvardhan.

Govinda's manager, Shashi Sinha, later confirmed that Sunita had withdrawn the divorce petition she filed around two years ago. "It has been going on for two years, but it's finally over now. Today, Sunita Ji submitted a petition for withdrawal at the family court in Bandra," Shashi told HT City.