So much has been written about Google's upcoming smartphone dubbed as Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5 2nd Generation with its release date drawing close. Several details of the device have been leaked over the last few months, and going by the reports, it should come with several feature upgrades over its predecessor, Nexus 5 (2013).
If history is anything to go by, the search-engine giant should release its Nexus 5 (2015) in October or November. Product Manager of Android Jamal Eason also revealed on Android Developers Blogspot that Android M will be released this fall, giving a strong hint that the Nexus device, which is expected to come with Google's upcoming software, is arriving soon.
Here Are 5 Things We Know So Far About Nexus 5 (2015):
1) Google is releasing two Nexus devices in the fourth quarter of this year. One device supposed to be made by LG, codenameed "LG Bullhead" and believed to be called the Nexus 5 (2015), and the other is to be made by Huawei under the codename "Huawei Angler" and believed to be Nexus 6 successor, according to Android Police.
2) Google's upcoming device is said to be the successor of Nexus 5, which was released in 2013 and not Nexus 6. So, its display size is expected to be 5.2-inch, which is just 0.2-inch more than its predecessor and 0.8-inch smaller than the current flagship device.
3) Google Nexus devices are usually based on flagship device of the company that manufactures them but the upcoming Nexus 5 (2015) design is expected to be unique. AndroidPIT reported citing a source that the device will be built by LG, but will not base on the LG G4 but on an unreleased model.
4) Nexus 5 (2015) is expected to feature fingerprint censor.
5) Nexus 6 received lots of flaks not only for its big screen but also for his high price, so the Nexus 5 (2015) is expected to have an affordable price tag. Geek Snack has also claimed in a report that it will be priced under $500.
Not much has been leaked on the specifications of the device, but several reports have claimed that it will sport a 5.2-inch screen with 1,440x2,560 pixels, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, run on Android M and house 3GB RAM, 13mp main camera, 2mp front snapper and a non-removable 2,300mAh battery.