Google announced the Android Wear Oreo 8.0 update for smartwatches on December 7, skipping every other number after Android Wear 2.0.
The update does bring in quite a lot of improvements and features including new notification channels for apps, support for seven new languages, and a new toggle for enabling "Battery Saver" mode among other things. But the one thing the search-giant did not announce was confirming which smartwatches are eligible for the update.
Now, Google has apparently taken note of its small mistake and published the full list of wearable devices that are eligible for the update. The update for some smartwatches is already being rolled out, as we speak, while some are yet to receive the OTA update.
Android Wear Oreo 8.0 update is already available for these smartwatches:
- Fossil Q Venture
- LG Watch Sport
- Louis Vuitton Tambour
- Michael Kors Sofie
- Montblanc Summit
Watches that are yet to receive the Android Wear Oreo update include:
- Casio PRO TREK Smart WSD-F20
- Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch
- Diesel Full Guard
- Emporio Armani Connected
- Fossil Q Control
- Fossil Q Explorist
- Fossil Q Founder 2.0
- Fossil Q Marshal
- Fossil Q Wander
- Gc Connect
- Guess Connect
- Huawei Watc 2
- Hugo BOSS BOSS Touch
- LG Watch Style
- Michael Kors Access Bradshaw
- Michael Kors Access Dylan
- Michael Kors Access Grayson
- Misfit Vapor
- Mobvoi Ticwatch S & E
- Movado Connect
- Nixon Mission
- Polar M600
- TAG Heuer Tag Connected Modular 45
- Tommy Hilfiger 24/7 You
- ZTE Quartz
Google still hasn't mentioned the exact timing of the update for each model, which means that you will have to wait for more information from Google. In the meantime, the Android Wear support page advises that you contact the device manufacturer to know when your watch will get the update, or in case your watch is not on the list.
That said, the new Android Wear 8.0 Oreo update brings the following changes on board:
- Vibration settings for notifications - Normal, Long, and Double
- Touch lock feature that allows users to disable touch-to-wake functionality
- A new toggle for manually enabling "Battery saver" mode.
- Battery saving background limits.
- Notification channels for apps.
- Support for seven new countries/languages - Dutch (Belgium), Czech, Spanish (El Salvador), Spanish (Honduras), Spanish (Paraguay), Portuguese (Portugal), English (Nigeria)