A four-storey building collapsed early on Wednesday morning in Gautampuri area of Northeast Delhi and several are feared trapped inside the debris. However, no casualties have been reported so far.
Delhi Fire Services sent 10 fire tenders after receiving a call about the collapse around 3:12am and launched a rescue operation, a Delhi Fire Services official said, according to PTI.
"Search and rescue operation was launched in earnest. We haven't found any casualties so far. The work is underway," a police official said.
At least five people have been rescued until now and many others are feared trapped, The Times of India reported.
Last year, at least seven people lost their lives in a similar incident. In June, a 50-year-old four-storey building collapsed in North Delhi's Inderlok area, where at least seven people were killed and four others sustained severe injuries.
In yet another incident in the same month, three people were killed and 12 others were injured when an under-construction three-storey building collapsed in New Delhi's Sadar Bazar. A month later another under-construction building collapsed in west Delhi's Hari Nagar area, in which four people lost their lives.