"The Flash" finale is just one week - or one episode - away, and while brewing in anticipation on what happens in "Fast Enough", here are some predictions:
- Now that the Arrow (Stephen Amell) has successfully disabled the Reverse Flash from speeding with a nanite injection, he can be securely stored in the prison for meta-humans. The particle accelerator is fully charged, and if Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) figure out why the Reverse Flash (Tom Cavanagh) wanted it that way, they can somehow find a way to manipulate it in Barry's (Grant Gustin) favour.
Also, with the supercharging wheelchair available for grabs, Barry can increase his own speed and run fast enough to make another time-travel possible.
- Barry finds a way to travel back in time and finally gets his battle against the man in the yellow suit. However, Eobard Thawne (Matt Letscher) defeats Barry, thereby thwarting his attempt at saving his mother Nora Allen.
The showdown between Barry and Eobard will stop the death of Wells and slow down the creation, and by default, the explosion of the particle accelerator. The events that pushed Barry into becoming the Flash would thereby occur as they were supposed to, until Thawne speeds them up, after killing the realy Dr Wells.
- Eobard Thawne could successfully go back to his own time, in spite of Barry's efforts to terminate his plans; or because of his attempts? Everything Barry and his friends are doing could play right into the Reverse Flash's plan.s If he does go back and Tom Cavanaugh remains Dr Wells, a new character can take over as the Reverse Flash.
- Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnet) is disillusioned after Wells tells him that of all the members of the distinguished Thawne family, he is the only one who really matters. He has also broken up with Iris (Candice Patton) after learning that she becomes Mrs Allen in the future. Revenge is a great incentive to make anyone go rogue; add to that, the revelation of relation to a time-travelling super-villain, and you've got the perfect recipe for the next Reverse Flash.
- Although Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) proved in "Rogue Air" that villains cannot be trusted, they sure can be bought with the right price. With the escape of Meta-Humans like Weather Wizard, Peekaboo and Captain Boomerang from the STAR Labs' secret vault, super-villain group "Rogues" is more or less formed. They could join the Reverse Flash and help destroy the Flash.
The synopsis for the finale episode reads: "Wells (Tom Cavanagh) presents Barry (Grant Gustin) with a life-changing choice. Dr. Martin Stein (guest star Victor Garber) and Ronnie Raymond (guest star Robbie Amell) return to help the S.T.A.R. Labs team with this final fight."
Meanwhile, here is the promo for the upcoming finale episode "Fast Enough" which will air on Tuesday, 19 May.