Ravi Teja-Shruti Haasan starrer "Balupu" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 June.
The action entertainer, which is one of the year's most-awaited films, has received an 'A' certificate from the censor board. The film's promos and songs have generated a lot of buzz.
"Balupu" will be released on maximum number of screens across Andhra Pradesh and other places in India. In Chennai and its suburbs, the film will hit 16 screens.
"#Balupu (Tel) - Ravi Teja -Shruthi film censored with A certificate, releasing in 16 screens in Chennai & suburbs," senior journalist Sreedhar Pillai tweeted.
In the US, "Balupu" will have a release in 70 centres. This is the biggest ever US release for Ravi Teja. The film will also have possible premieres in US on 27 June.
This year, several Telugu films including "Baadshah", "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" and "Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde" have done good business at the overseas box office. The pre-release buzz around "Balupu" is positive, and it is seen as a comeback film for Ravi Teja after a string of below-average films that did not perform well at the box office.
There are no other big films releasing this Friday (28 June). The release of Suriya's "Singam 2" (Singam in Telugu) was expected on the same day as "Balupu", but it was pushed to 5 July to avoid a clash with the film as it might affect both the films' revenue. "Balupu" will be the only big release this week and it is expected to get good response in the opening weekend.
Directed by Gopichand Malineni, "Balupu" has Shruti Haasan and Anjali in lead roles. The rest of the cast includes Bramhanandam, Ali, Prakash Raj, Ashutosh Rana, Nassar in supporting roles.
What to Expect?
1. "Balupu" is a full-length commercial mass entertainer tailor-made for "Mass Maharaja" Ravi Teja. The trailer of the film promises a good dose of emotional love, comedy and high-octane action sequences.
2. Ravi Teja has two get-ups in the film. In one of the characters, the actor appears with a light beard. This look has been used for his romance thread with Anjali, director Gopichand told idlebrain.com.
3. Gopichand has come up with some powerful punch dialogues that are sure to rock the masses.
4. Shruti Haasan has reportedly tried her hands at comedy in this film. Comedian Brahmanandam has a full-length role and he appears as Shruti's uncle. His character name in the film is Crazy Mohan. According to reports, the scenes involving Ravi Teja, Bramhanadam and Shruthi Hassan will be hilarious and will be one of the highlights of the film.
5. Shruti and Brahmanandam's Gangnam style dance.
6. Some of the songs have been shot in beautiful locations in Portugal. "Balupu" is the first south Indian film to have been shot in the European country.
7. Ravi Teja and the film's music composer Thaman has crooned to a high energy mass number "Kajal Chelliva", which is the film's opening track.