Kerala Blasters played well but could not get the job done as they earned their third-straight defeat in the Indian Super League this season following a 2-1 loss against FC Goa at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda on Thursday evening.

Mohammed Rafi gave the visitors the lead in the 24th minute, but Goa struck back through Leo Moura just before the half time. 

But late tragedy struck the visitors as Gregory Arnolin headed home the winning goal for FC Goa in the 83rd minute.

The first 20 minutes of the game didn't turn out to be much action-packed as the ball was always revolving around the midfield. The home side just couldn't create chances, as the visitors looked all the more better in the half.

Kerala Blasters got the lead just before the 25th minute mark as an unmarked Mohd Rafi headed home a perfect cross inside the box from Rahul Bheke. The visitors almost got their second goal just moments later as defender Marcus Williams made a stunning run inside the box, but Indian defender Nicolau Colaco won the duel at the end.

East Bengal midfield maestro Cavin Lobo also tried his luck to increase the lead for the visitors as he took two back-to-back dangerous free-kicks that saw FC Goa custodian Laxmikant Kattimani use his reflexes to palm the ball away.

The visitors completely dominated the half, and FC Goa Zico remained a frustrated figure. However, the Brazil legend finally got his moment of cheer as Leo Moura scored the equaliser just before the half time.

The Brazilian midfielder took advantage of a rebound after FC Goa custodian Stephen Bywater palmed away a corner kick, and slotted the ball into the back of the net with immense power.

The home side just did their trick and went into the break level-pegging.

The second half also started with a very low tempo and the home side just couldn't find their footing. However, Kerala Blasters tried their luck on occasions. One of the best chances of the half fell in the path of Williams, but Kattimani remained on the right position at the right time.

In the 65th minute, Sandesh Jhingan played a through ball to Williams, which came off a throw-in from Bheke. The Englishman pulled the trigger from close range, but the Indian custodian was up for it. Bruno Perone tried to capitalise on the rebound, but it was deflected for a corner.

The breakthrough finally came for the home side following the 80th minute as Gregory Arnolin rose the highest to head in a corner kick from Mandar Rao Desai.

Check the highlights of the game HERE.