Was never approached for Don 3: Hrithik shuts down rumours of replacing Ranveer Singh in Farhan Akhtar film
Was never approached for Don 3: Hrithik shuts down rumours of replacing Ranveer Singh in Farhan Akhtar filminstagram

Looks like Farhan Akhtar and Ranveer Singh's feud is far from settling down; the actor-producer duo have reportedly been at loggerheads over Don 3 for months now. It was earlier reported that the matter had been settled after Ranveer's exit from the film. Farhan allegedly filed a legal suit against him and also took the matter to the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE).

On Monday, FWICE is expected to hold a press conference where it will reportedly reveal its decision on the issue.

According to an official statement issued by FWICE, the complaint was submitted through the Indian Film and Television Directors' Association (IFTDA), where Farhan Akhtar is a member. As per News18, the film body said it examined the complaint and the circumstances before arriving at a decision, which will be communicated during a press conference scheduled for around 4 pm on Monday evening. "During the press conference, FWICE will officially address the matter and communicate its stand and decision after examining the complaint and the related circumstances," the statement read.

Farhan Akhtar-Ranveer Singh
It was reported that Farhan Akhtar walked out of the much-anticipated Don 3 in December of 2025.IMDb/Instagram

The dispute between Ranveer Singh and producers Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani of Excel Entertainment first came to light in December 2025, when Ranveer abruptly walked out of Don 3 after being announced as the lead actor of the film, taking over from Shah Rukh Khan, who played the lead in Farhan's Don and Don 2.

Ranveer's decision reportedly came shortly after the massive success of Dhurandhar. Reports were rife that the actor had demanded changes to the script, which allegedly did not go down well with the makers. Buzz also suggested that Ranveer accused Farhan of considering replacing him with Hrithik Roshan due to his career slump, but later deciding to retain him after Dhurandhar's huge success. For the uninitiated, Hrithik Roshan had played an important cameo in Don 2 (2011).

Reports also claimed that Farhan sought Rs 40 crore in damages, alleging that he had already spent the amount on the film's pre-production and that Ranveer had approved the script at every stage. The matter was reportedly taken to the Producers Guild of India, but the Guild advised both parties to resolve the issue amicably rather than pursue a legal route.

Farhan Akhtar recently addressed the conflict while speaking to The Hollywood Reporter India. He said, "What I've learnt is to expect the unexpected. You can't take anything for granted until it's on film. You realise at some point there'll be a period that would be a bit challenging. You've had it good. It's okay, just take it in your stride. Sometimes, when roadblocks happen, I feel I should just go back to acting. I wouldn't have to deal with all this stuff."