Fallout 4 has always been on people's minds, spurning rumor after rumor but most have turned out to be hoaxes. However, this has not stopped people from follows the rumors, hoping that they will include some of the things they want to see in the game.
Rumored to be set in Boston, Massachusetts, this post-apocalyptic video game from Bethesda has a big group of fans who are waiting for it eagerly. As rumors mount, so do the expectations from players on what they want from the game.
Here are some of the features which players would like to see in the game (Air Herald):
- Transport vehicles - There have been no vehicles in Fallout, and so Fallout 4 having vehicles would greatly help. Not necessarily in good shape, the vehicles can be in working condition, allowing players to explore the game.
- Multiplayer mode - With Bethesda's Elder Scrolls: Online rolling out, the company having already stressed on having a multiplayer, it is but imperative that the game will include this mode.
- Increase the difficulty - Many players have complained that the game does not provide them any major 'challenge' and they are able to easily complete the game. Players want this changed as was evinced by Josh Sawyer, lead designer and director of "Fallout: New Vegas," who wanted to make the game more challenging.
- Own a property or build a house - Though set up in a post-apocalyptic world, players would want to have either a home building or a home owning opportunity as they defend themselves against their enemies. Players have seen that a similar feature was introduced in Skyrim's Hearthfire DLC.
Here are the rumors which are likely to be wrong (WhatCulture):
- Modding - It has been rumored that Fallout 4 may allow modding on consoles, a feature that is exclusive to PC, however, this is not likely to happen since consoles do not have that much of freedom as PC does. Though the internal architecture is similar to gaming consoles, all DLCs pass through a certification process that has to be approved by the company.
- Xbox exclusive - According to a NeoGaf user, Bethesda and Microsoft have been discussing on making Fallout 4 an Xbox exclusive. This will be disastrous to all the fans of other consoles since until now all the games released by Bethesda have been available in both the platforms.
- Multiplayer - Many have suggested that the game introduce co-operative play like it is for Elder Scrolls Online, it has been a hit in Borderlands 2 too but this feature will change the whole idea of a world after apocalypse when people live in isolation
- Horses for travel - Players have suggested that they want atleast horses that will fasten the game which has been termed sluggish while traveling. There have been rumors saying Bethesda might even place some mutated horses that will do the trick but having a horse will not only get the person killed when they meet another character who can use a automatic weapons but will also remove of the fun in the game.
- Cars - Though many fans want a vehicle that they can use to transport themselves in the game it is believed that this will make players deviate from the gameplay and turn players to hunt for automobile parts and since the game is about horror and isolation, bringing cars might not help.
- Ability to build a sanctuary - Players wanting to build a sanctuary or own property in the game might just stay as a rumor since allowing player to build in the world after the apocalypse would deviate from what Fallout stands for.
- Ron Perlman's absence - It has been predicted that the game will not be featuring Ron Perlman, the person who has been the voice of the game. However, Bethesda might bring him back.