The recently released mixed martial arts fighting video game EA Sports UFC, from developers EA Canada and publishers EA Sports, is all set to get a new update that will add new fighters to the game and some gameplay tweaks.
The update will add new fighters to the roster, which already boasts 97 UFC fighters, without taking the DLC additions into consideration. This update will add champion TJ Dillashaw and veteran Takeya Mizugaki to the bantamweight roster. Another addition will be Tyron Woodley who will join the welterweight division.
The game includes some well-known venues like: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Staples Center, Honda Center, United Center, Toyota Center, Prudential Center, Madison Square Garden, UFC Gym, Bell Centre, Air Canada Centre and HSBC Arena.
EA Sports UFC was released on 17 June 2014 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game runs on Ignite engine.
Key gameplay updates:
- Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighters touch gloves (or not to) before beginning the fight, by pressing L2 on PS4 or LT on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
- Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and "finish the fight" by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
- Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
- Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence, by pressing the L3 button.
- Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
- Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
- Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
(YouTube courtesy: EA Sports)