Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit Bengaluru on January 2 on a 2-day visit to Karnataka for various official engagements. From releasing the third installment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) to the inauguration of the 107th Indian Science Congress; From distributing awards to inaugurating DRDO Young Scientists' Lab, here is a list of what is expected during PM Modi's visit to the southern state.
Inauguration of 5 DRDO Young Scientists Labs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to dedicate five DRDO Young Scientists Laboratories. PM Modi will unveil a plaque to mark the occasion at the Aeronautical Development Establishment in Bengaluru during his two-day visit beginning January 2.
DRDO will also showcase some of its innovative products to the Prime Minister at an Exhibition on the occasion. Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa and DRDO Chairman Dr. G Satheesh Reddy will be present on the occasion.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan)
The Prime Minister will release the third installment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) of Rs 2,000 on January 3. According to an official statement, this will benefit approximately 6 crore beneficiaries. Prime Minister will also hand over Certificates to beneficiaries under PM Kisan from 8 States/UTs.
Krishi Karman Awards and Commendation Awards to states at a public meeting in Tumkuru. He will also give away Agriculture Minister's Krishi Karman Awards for progressive farmers.
Inauguration of 107th Indian Science Congress
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the mega summit at a huge makeshift hall in the Gandhi Krishi Vigyan Kendra (GKVK) campus on the city's northern outskirts. He will also address the gathering at the GKVK campus at the state-run University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS). Previously, PM Modi inaugurated the 103rd session at Mysuru on January 3, 2016.
PM Modi's 2-day Karnataka visit itinerary:
According to the state Information Department, here is the complete schedule of Prime Minister's 2-day Karnataka visit:
- Arrive at IAF aircraft at the city's HAL airport on January 2.
- Fly to Tumakuru to visit Sree Siddaganga Mutt, about 70km northwest of Bengaluru.
- Lay the foundation stone for a memorial museum remembering Shri Shri Shivakumar Swamiji.
- Release the third installment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan)
- Distribute Krishi Karman awards and distribute fishing equipment to the beneficiaries at the Junior College ground in the town.
- Distribute Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) to a few farmers of Karnataka.
- Fly back to Bengaluru.
- Visit the state-run Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on the same (January 2) evening.
- Stay at Raj Bhavan.
- On January 3, PM Modi will inaugurate the 107th Indian Science Congress.
- Address the gathering at the Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra (GKVK) campus.
- PM Modi will fly back to New Delhi on January 3rd afternoon.