After being tagged as among the world's most polluted cities by the WHO, India's 'smog capital' Delhi is facing the worst nightmare due to rising air pollution levels. Since Diwali, Delhi's air quality has worsened, a layer of toxic cloud is covering the city, and with that is increasing the number of cases related to respiratory diseases and breathing problems such as asthma, breathlessness and bronchitis, etc.
In order to stay protected from the ill-effects of air pollution and keep your kids and family safe, these are the foods you should include in your diet:
- Have ginger juice along with a spoon of honey thrice a day if you are suffering from breathing issues, cough, cold or infections. It will soothe the irritation and make you feel better.
- Jaggery and honey is an immunity strengthening combination, it will protect you from air pollution as well as other ailments.
- Have crushed black pepper along with honey, this will help in clearing the cough accumulated in your chest. It also cleanses you.
- Basil and cinnamon tea is found to be very effective in combating cough, cold and other infections
- Garlic is another amazing antibiotic-rich ingredient which improves immunity and also fights cough. Crush garlic pods, fry them with butter till cooked properly and have it. Don't consume water for half an hour after eating it and get rid of cough.
- Make sure you have your daily dose of multi vitamins to boost your immune system. Raise your vitamin C intake by consuming loads of berries such as gooseberries, oranges, lemons, lime, guava, etc. Vitamin C is a water soluble antioxidant which helps in boosting our immunity.
If you are suffering from skin related issues because of pollution, often have:
- Mix vegetable soup made using carrot, tomato, garlic, radish and garlic
- Have gooseberry and aloe vera juice, it will protect the skin and make it glow naturally
- Drink lots of water, it will flush the toxins out and provide you with clear skin.