Darksiders fans brace yourselves. Origin Games on Friday announced the release and pricing details for the upcoming Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition, published by Nordic Games, for next generation consoles, such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
According to the company, Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition is currently set for 6 October, 2015 release, and will be priced at Rs 2,499 (around $38).
"Darksiders II follows the exploits of Death, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in an action-packed tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game," a press release says.
"This epic journey propels Death across an expansive game world as he tries to redeem his brother, War, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders."
The game's Deathinitive Edition, itself, comes packed with a host of features. These are as follows:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours (Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
The overall game features include:
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling game world environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before