Counter-Strike is one of the most popular FPS video game titles, which still holds its ground, amidst the likes of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.
The newest iteration in the series Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will now be getting eight fan favorite maps, which have been voted in by fans themselves.
The maps are all community created. Players will see eight maps returning.
- Cache - Precision and tact is required to get the hidden weapons beneath Chernobyl.
- Downtown - Hostage rescue is very difficult here due to open areas.
- Motel - Mixes both close range indoor combat and outdoor combat area.
- Seaside - Use unique strategies to counter bombsites, water hazards in this fast-paced map
- Thunder - This map is a big recreation of Counter Strike 1.1 hostage rescue classic.
- Ali - Set in a Mediterranean village and consists the most strategic gameplay.
- Favela - The map for explosive action and showdowns.
- Agency - A fast-paced hostage rescue in a moder structure with classic bomb defusal layouts.
All these maps will be playable in different modes like casual, competitive and deathmatch modes on Steam.
Fans were asked to vote which community maps they want to see in the game. However, players have to purchase Operation Phoenix Pass (costing $2.99) to get unlimited access to these maps. This pass will also help players get Challenge Coin, which doubles up operational scorecard and helps players to keep track of every kill and win in Official Competitive Matches.
These coin-holders will also get access to 13 Community-created weapon finishes as The Operation Phoenix Case.
It is also to be noted that half of the proceeds from Operational Phoenix coin sales will be going to the creators of the map.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released on 21 August 2012 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.