Supercell, the developer of mobile video game, Clash of Clans has announced that it will start rolling out updates for the strategy game on 16 September 2014.
In anticipation of release of Clash of Clans Lava Hound update, Supercell have posted on the official Facebook page that the game will be going on a maintenance break "soon." It also posted on its Clash of Clans Forum saying "Maintenance Coming Soon for the update. Finish up those raids!"
Supercell has been posting sneak peeks on the new features for the update that it will be rolling out in Clash of Clans.
Previously it had also premiered the new attack unit in the game, Lava Hound that would deal damage initially to the air defences and later when it dies it will cause harm to anything that comes in its path.
It had also revealed about other features that will be included in the update like the Dark Barracks Level 6, Barbarian Level 7 and Archer Level 7, upgrading walls with the option of Elixir or Gold.
Fans of the game have been eagerly awaiting for the Clash of Clans update.
Below are the complete release notes for Clash of Clans update (Forum):
Brand New Dark Elixir Unit: Lava Hound
- This faithful flying unit cannot resist chasing after fireworks, and will go straight after the nearest Air Defense
- The Lava Hound's massive hitpoints makes all the incoming damage seem like mere playtime
- Though the unit deals very low damage, it will erupt upon death into many tiny Lava Pups that attack any nearby buildings
- Available at Dark Elixir barracks level 6, Town Hall level 9
- Barbarian & Archer level 7
- Archer Tower level 13
- Dark Elixir Barracks level 6
Wall Upgrading Improvements
- Walls level 6+ can now be upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold - your choice!
- Select a row of walls to upgrade all pieces with one button press (so long as the cost is not over the maximum possible storage amount)
- Pause button added to replays (except live replays in Clan Wars)
- Replays and live replays now show the attacker's available troops so you can see exactly what does and doesn't get deployed, and when
- Live replay screen now shows the time remaining in battle so you can watch the timer tick down just like the attacker
- Hero regeneration time has been greatly reduced on all levels
- Valkyrie training time has been greatly reduced
- Healers have been trained to avoid distraction: now they will always try to stick with and protect the same group of friendly troops
- Defending Clan Castle troops now use all 4 Castle doors when coming out (overall speed of deploying is still the same as before)
- Troops can be dismissed from Army Camps and Clan Castle
- Removed spell production cancellation penalty
- Spells are now produced in the same order as they are selected
Check out the gameplay of Lava Hound below:
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayClashOfClans)