Clash of Clans Halloween update will be finally released on 22 October 2014 according to a post on Facebook. The new Halloween update will see the addition of new features in Clash of Clans, the strategy game for mobile platforms.
Supercell asked players to "Get ready for the update," on its official Facebook page. Over the past few days, the company has been revealing the features that were eventually going to be a part of the update via Sneak Peek videos.
Halloween Update for Clash of Clans will bring a host new features like the Skeleton Trap (a permanent feature), limited time - Halloween Headstone and 1-gem Spell Factory boost. The update will also include improvements made for Clan Search, Boost, Clan Setting sand interface related upgrades.
Fans have been complaining to Supercell to give them more Loot and the company seems to have listened and now players will be able to collect a higher War Loot from victory, defeat and draw. It has also increased League bonus. There will also be a new Mortar when the Town Hall reaches to Level 8.
However, players have commented on the Facebook page of issues with the Google Services. Google has said on its Apps Status Dashboard that it is currently investigating the issues.
It must be noted that Supercell's new Skeleton Trap will be though a weak, but helpful defense mechanism by the company. It has the ability to take on both air and ground units. It distracts the attacking units taking away some precious raid time for the raider. Go below to find a video on Skeleton Trap shared by the developer.
Below are the full patch notes for Clash of Clans' Halloween update (Supercell Forums):
New permanent trap: The Skeleton Trap
- Ambush and distract your enemies with a small group of Skeleton troops! They might be short-lived, but will certainly get some attention.
- Skeleton Traps can be set to target either ground troops or air troops. Find the right mix of trap modes for your village!
- Skeleton Traps become available at Town Hall 8 and can be upgraded to deploy more skeletons at once.
Limited-time treats lasting through Halloween weekend
- 1-gem Spell Factory boost special is back!
- Harvest some bonus Elixir from special Halloween Headstone obstacles
Clan profile and search improvements
- Specify your Clan's war frequency in your Clan profile, anything from always to never
- Specify your Clan's location, or declare it as International
- Search other Clans by war frequency, location, member count and minimum clan points, even without specifying a search name
- Know what Clan you're searching for? Search via hashtag to get the exact result you need.
- Clan descriptions can now be much longer!
Increased League bonus and more War loot
- League bonuses increased on all League levels!
- More War loot! Increased rewards from victory, defeat and draw
- Boost all buildings of the same type with one button
- Barracks, Spell Factory and Hero boosts will now be automatically paused during maintenance and can be resumed later for free
- Slightly reduced boost cost for Elixir Pump level 11, Gold Mine level 11 and Dark Elixir Drill levels 5 and 6
Other Interface Improvements
- New Mortar at Town Hall 8
- Player profile now shows the highest unlocked level of a player's troops, heroes and spells!
- The Hero icons will now show Hero ability status also in replays
- Army camp contents are now visible to visitors in the Army Camp info screen
- Time to remove obstacles is now lower
- Increased War loot storage capacity on all Clan Castle levels
(YouTube Courtesy: Clash of Clans Attacks)