Supercell's Clash of Clans recently released an update, The Lava Hound that brings new content to the popular mobile strategy video game.
Following the Clash of Clans update, fans and players have been quick to upload some of the cheats, tips and tricks for the game.
Below are some tips and tricks that will allow player to play the game better:
How to Build Better Defences?
- The Cannon - Use cannons effectively as they are cheaper and the maximum level is 12. They also do not take much time to upgrade. They have a high rate of fire and decent range. Place a good number of cannons around the fort, especially near Wizard Tower.
- The Hidden Telsa - These towers are hidden to the enemy until they come close to it or the strength of the tower reaching 51%. These can be unlocked after reaching to Level 7 in Town Hall. It can be upgraded to Level 8. It can do damage to both ground and air units. It will deal twice the damage to P.E.K.K.A units. Place them within the fort walls.
- The Archer Tower - These towers can be used against both air and ground units. The Archer tower has the bigger range, hitting enemy targets as they enter the game. It can be upgraded to level 13. These units can be placed outside the fort walls, however, they must be backed up by other defensive arrangements like a cannon.
- The X-Bow - These are basically turrets that are tasked with shooting ground units from a longer range. It can also shoot other units, but with a smaller range. They can be upgraded to Level 4. Placing them near the storage buildings of Town Hall will be helpful. When on an offensive, if players are able to notice the bowstring missing in and X-Bow units, it's the best time to take it down, as it will not be loaded.
- The Mortar - Mortars are heavy defense items and deal high damage to any enemy target, excluding air units in its surrounding. However, its rate of fire is slower at one shot for every five seconds. It can be upgraded to Level 8. Placing three or more Mortars in the center of the fort will be a good defensive strategy. But for players who are on the offensive, use air units and Giants to take these down.
Tips for Better Resource Farming
- Level of Town Halls - The Town Hall levels have an important part in resource farming. There is a penalty system in place for players attacking a village that has higher or lower level than yours. Below is the loot penalty system:
- If the Town Hall is equal to yours – you will get 100% loot
- If the Town Hall is 1 level lower than yours – you will get 90% loot
- If the Town Hall is 2 levels lower than yours – you will get 50% loot
- If the Town Hall is 3 levels lower than yours – you will get 25% loot
- If the Town Hall is 4+ levels lower than yours – you will get 5% loot.
- Range of Trophies - There should be a balance on the Trophy range if players have to farm effectively. Do not attack villages that are well protected and provided you are at a lower level. E.g. If you want to attack a Town Hall with Level 7 or 8 then you must be in Silver 1 or 2 league.
- Attacking Strategy - In order to increase your farming, take into consideration the following:
- Low training time for troops.
- Do not rely much on spells since it takes 30 minutes to produce one spell.
- The approximate cost of the troops must be around 50, 000 to 90,000. So players must be focusing their energies on getting double from what they have invested in them.
- Try to upgrade the army camps to the maximum level since it can hold many troops.
- Players must not use all their troops when on an offensive raid.
- Always lookout for village with weaker defences of those with inactive players.
- Try to attract the attention of Hero and other from the Clan Castle and when they are lured, attack them with archers and minions.
- Giants cannot fight back if the troops from the enemy Castel get out.
- Get the Giants into action after the Hero is killed.
- Deploy the Giants near the weak air defense units and after its destroyed deploy Healer and Mages.
- After some damage from Giants, deploy the archers and mages.
- When deploying minions keep in mind to speak their attack for effective results.
- If attacking a Town Hall Level 8, Players need to minimally have 10-20 maxed archers, 1 maxed healer, 15-20 maxed giants, 10-15 minions, 5-10 maxed mages and a maxed healing spell (to be used only in emergency situation)
Cheats, Tips and Tricks during Clan Wars
- Players must Level up constantly - Levelling up will allow players to better their attacks and defences.
- Removal of rocks and trees will earn some XP points.
- Focus on defending Town Hall and Clan Castle in Clan War, as the enemy will not get three stars if they are not able to destroy the Town Hall. Place the Clan Castle close to the Town Hall as the troops inside the Castle will come out to defend the Town Hall.
- Keep revisiting your village defense layout, especially before the preparation day ends.
- Try to aim for the three stars when attacking, it will help your Clan win.
- After the preparation day, player will have one whole day before the enemy attacks. Players must use this time to study and scout the enemy.
- Watching replays of the fights will also help in planning future attacks or defences.
- Exploit the weak points of your enemy. Balance your army in melee attack and range. Players can also use some weak or cheap units to check for traps.
- Lure the enemy troops from outside their Clan Castle and them take them down using archers.
- Donate high level players to Clan Castle and ask the same from your Clan members. This will help you in Town Hall defense.
- Keeping the loot in Clan Castle will help players as the enemy that loots from here will only get limited loot.
- Help other members of your clans if you are at a higher level.
Issue with Wall Upgradation
Players who are complaining that they are unable to upgrade their wall using the elixir instead of gold need to know that the wall tile that is being upgraded need to be at least of Level 6.
Supercell posted on its support page saying, "If you're upgrading a row, every single tile has to be at least a level 6. If there's even one in there that's level 5 or lower, the game will only let you use gold. Bring the lower-level tiles up to level 6 first, or remove them from your row, to level up the entire row with elixir."
It also said that players who are trying to upgrade a row of wall tiles but do not see any upgrade button need to know that they do not have enough storage capacity or the resources required to complete the upgrade. They might also not have the required Town Hall Level.
Such players have to first boost their resource storage and Town Hall levels.