The Teachers' Day (教师节) is celebrated every year by the people of China on 10 September. The day is observed by students across the country to honour tutors. It was officially proclaimed by the Chinese Government on 21, January, 1985 and is considered as one of most important festivals in the country.
However, objections were raised by some of the people for choosing 10 September as Teachers' Day and several proposals were put forward to change the date to 28 September, which is reportedly the birth date of Chinese teacher Confucius.
Although the State Council decided to change the date by announcing a legislative draft on 5 September 2015, the government is yet to make an official announcement.
Check out the best quotes, messages, wishes and greetings to share with tutors on Teachers' Day.
- Confucius - If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one imitate them, and the bad points of other and correct them in myself.
- Albert Einstein - It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
- CS Lewis - The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.
- Carl Jung - One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soil of the child.
- Joyce Meyer - Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.
Messages, Wishes and Greetings:
- I may not say it always. But when I say it, I mean it. Thank you teacher for all the wonderful things that you have done for me. Happy Teachers Day.
- Thank you for your inspiration and guidelines. You are not just a teacher but also a true friend and philosopher. Happy Teachers Day.
- I'm fortunate to have a loving, caring and wonderful teacher like you. Happy Teachers Day.
- A teacher is someone who always help the students and stand beside them in their hard times. We really thank you for making us what we are today. Happy Teachers Day.
- Thank you for being our true mentor. Without you, we would have never achieved our goals. Happy Teachers Day.