It is time for the Chennaites to clean out wardrobes and donate to the needy on the International Charity day, which falls on Saturday, 5 September.
On Saturday, an Uber driver will pick up the donation bags containing clothing, shoes, books, school supplies like pens, notebooks, backpacks and crockery items from your house from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, and will deliver them to charity centres.
The charity programme, organised in association with the Madras Round Table-1 and Uber Chennai, also has the support of many South Indian celebrities.
Actors including Suriya Sivakumar, Jyothika, Dulquer Salmaan, Vikram Prabhu, Jayam Ravi, and Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand and many others have come forward to be a part of the programme.
The celebs also shared their photos with the number of items they are planning to donate to the needy.
The hashtag #ChennaiGives has been used by people in order to take part in the charity event.
- Bag up items that you're willing to donate.
- Open the Uber app anytime between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM on Saturday.
- Slide over to the 'uberGIVE' option at the bottom of the screen and hit request
- If your request is successful, an Uber driver will arrive to pick up your items and drop-off your donation at a local charity, free of charge.
- All donations must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation.
- Since the drivers can't leave their vehicles unattended, donors are requested to bring the items out to meet them.
— Uber Chennai (@Uber_Chennai) August 31, 2015
— Sriya Reddy (@sriyareddy) September 1, 2015
We pledge to donate 200 items to the #ChennaiGives campaign -an initiative by @MadrasRT1 SMS 'donate' to 56060 #sept5 pic.twitter.com/qebgIzfUyD — soundarya rajnikanth (@soundaryaarajni) September 1, 2015
— Suriya Fans Team ™ (@SuriyaFansTeam) September 2, 2015
— Vikram Prabhu (@iamVikramPrabhu) August 31, 2015
— Jayam Ravi (@actor_jayamravi) September 2, 2015