After the Central Board of Secondary Education released the dates for the Class 10 and Class 12 examinations on January 10, many students have raised their concerns over the time they are to get between each subject.
The board exams for Class 12 students will begin from March 5 and the Class 10 students will be writing their exams from April 4. You can check the details over the dates on CBSE's official portal which is: http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/index.html
Here are the concerns raised by the Class 10 and Class 12 students:
- The students have said that they need more gaps between subjects.
- The principal of Ahlcon International School in New Delhi agreed with them and was quoted by FirstPost as saying: "The question is not how much would a student be able to study in a day. The question is how much he wouldn't be able to."
"We need at least the gap of one day for revision, relaxation, and breaking from one subject to another," he added.
Now, Twitter has also been flooded with reactions from students. Here are a few:
#CBSEdatesheet worst date sheet , physics is the most troubling subject for any science student and cbse just gave one day off to prepare for it . Hatsoff CBSE ! Have a look into the sheet again and please make the necessary changes , this is about our future .— Animesh Jain (@Animesh35909511) January 11, 2018
Worst cbse datesheet ever...— Prachi Jaiswal (@PrachiJ54843669) January 11, 2018
We applied arts students didn't get even a single day for our main sub "accountancy".... applied arts on 14th mar and accountancy on 15th mar...what the hell...?
our xams will be over in jst 20 days not even a month ? #CBSEDateSheet #CBSE #commerce
I think there should be on change in #CBSEDateSheet that physical education shouldn't be taken on 9th april as a very big headache will move out on 8th april, i.e., #jeemain2018, so atleast one day should be given to students to be relax otherwise they will not perform well.— Divi Osho (@diviosho98) January 10, 2018
@HRDMinistry @PrakashJavdekar #CBSE no gap is there between psychology exam and political science exam.. How will the students prepare? Please consider modifying it... We will be tired and will not be able to prepare #CBSEBoard2018 #CBSEClassXII #CBSEDateSheet pic.twitter.com/dDnidVo8xr— Himanshi Munjal (@HMunjal) January 10, 2018
- Over 15 lakh students along with six transgender students will appearing for the Class 10 exams, while around 11.86 lakh students and two transgender students will be writing the Class 12 boards.
- Also, all the 18,000 schools in India affiliated to CBSE will be conducting the practical examinations by mid-January, which are likely to finish by month end.
- As of now, the reason which is under speculation for CBSE's attempt in wrapping the board exams in a month is that the board wants to give the teachers enough time to evaluate the answer sheets.