"Captain America: Civil War" is set for release May 6, and as we inch closer towards D-Day, there are many things fans want to know about the movie. While refraining from any kind of spoilers, here are some interesting trivia from the sets of the much-awaited film, which has split the Avengers into two formidable teams:
- All the other Avengers and even the producers on the sets of "Captain America: Civil War" reportedly refer to Bucky, played by Sebastian Stan, and Falcon, played by Anthonie Mackie, as the Cap's girlfriends.
- Clearly, there is a rivalry between the two "girlfriends," because the two were seen racing each other in full costume after the production wrapped up.
- Regardless of who the winner was at that race, Cap seems to be tied down to Iron Man. In many interviews, Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans have described the dynamic between Iron Man and Captain American as that of a married couple. "It's like a marriage: We love each other but it's explosive. You're working toward the same goal but you have very different approaches to it," Evans was quoted as saying by Comic Book Movie.
- Despite the disagreements, Iron Man certainly wanted to ensure he got some quality time with his husband. According to reports, Marvel had only intended for a small cameo for Iron Man in "Civil War", but Downey demanded a larger role, leading Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige to realise including Downey in the project in a huge way would open many doors for sequels in future.
- The reimagination of the movie allowed for the involvement of so many members of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that Anthonie Mackie described the film as "The Avengers: Part 2.5."
- Daniel BrÃ¼hl, who plays Baron Zemo in the movie, has said the budget for "Civil War" is so high, 20 films could actually made from it.
For more trivia and speculations regarding DC and Marvel cinematic universes, don't forget to check back here.