Xbox One owners were thrilled at the announcement of Microsoft bringing backwards compatibility to the platform. Though this feature will eventually be released for all Xbox One owners, Microsoft has unveiled new details at the Gamescom 2015 press conference.
Microsoft has said that all the future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be backward compatible. It also gave out a list of games that members of the Xbox Preview programme (an invite-only group) will be able to try it.
It is also important to know that this feature is free of cost, allows players to play multiplayer, and also works with disc-based and digital games.
Below is the list of games that will be available as part of the initial preview titles (Xbox):
- A Kingdom for Keflings
- A World of Keflings
- Alien Hominid HD
- BattleBlock Theater
- Defense Grid
- Geometry Wars Evolved
- Hexic HD
- Mass Effect
- Perfect Dark
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Super Meat Boy
- Toy Soldiers
- Toy Soldiers: Cold War
- Viva Pinata: TIP
Apart from the above list, Kotaku pulled up some names from the video being showcased at Gamescom 2015. Here is its list minus the games listed above:
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier
- Far Cry 3
- Fallout 3
- Fable 2
- BioShock Infinite
- Dynasty Warriors
- Driver San Francisco
- Disney Universe
- Dead Space
- Dark Souls
- Civilization Revolution
- Child of Eden
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
- Battleblock Theater
- Tom Clancy's Endwar
- Assassin's Creed II
- Risen 2
- Far Cry 2
- Alan Wake
- Unclear — another Dead Space?
- Another Assassin's Creed
Others titles that the report mentions are Assassin's Creed Revelations, Shadow Complex and Viva Pinata.
Call of Duty Does Not Figure in Xbox One Backwards Compatibility List
Meanwhile, one game that has not been mentioned in the Xbox One backwards compatibility list are the Call of Duty games. None of the Call of Duty games have been included in the list.
It is not that the games in the series have not been requested by fans, in fact, Black Ops 2 was one of the most requested title.
When fans asked Aaron Greenberg, marketing head at Microsoft he suggested them to ask Activision instead.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to Get 3 New Weapons; Mined Data in PC Files Unveil Maps, Gears and More
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: Here is How the New Advanced Supply Drop Appears; New Game Update Released, Full Patch Notes
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 New Details Reveal Weapon List and More
- New Mirror's Edge Catalyst Gameplay Teaser Released Ahead of Gamescom 2015
- Here's Every Major Game Release Across All Platforms for August 2015
- Xbox One Exclusive: Will Quantum Break be Announced at Gamescom 2015?