The festival for brothers and sister in India, Bhai Dooj, is here. It falls on the fifth day of Diwali, marking the end of the festive week of lights, crackers and fireworks.
The festival, which is closely related to the much-celebrated Raksha Bandhan, falls on the second day of the fortnight or Shukla Paksha of the Hindu month of Kartika.
Sisters perform the ritual of applying tika on their brothers' forehead and pray for their long and happy life. Bhai Dooj is celebrated with much excitement in India and parts of Nepal and other countries with Hindu populations. The festival is called as "Bhau-Beej" in Marathi, "Bhai Phota" in Bengali, and "Bhai Tika" in Nepalese language.
One of the best ways of celebrating the day is by sending messages to your brothers and sisters to make the day more enjoyable and memorable.
- Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown
- A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. ~Author Unknown
- Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk. ~Susan Scarf Merrell
- A brother is a friend given by Nature. ~Jean Baptiste Legouve
- I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three. ~Author Unknown
- Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore. ~Hindu Proverb
- The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. ~Clara Ortega
- The Men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother.
- Nothing can stop me from loving my brother. – Brandy Norwood
Messages and Wishes for Brother:
- 1. Holi is colourful, Deewali is 'light-ful' and 'brightful', Bhai Dooj has made our relationship powerful. Wishing you a happy bhai dooj...
- 2. You are always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Happy Bhai Dooj
- 3. To the outside world we all grow old, but we know each other as we always were. We know each other's heart. We live outside the touch of time. Happy Bhai Dooj
- 4. Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don't make istance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile. Happy Bhai Dooj
- 5. You can understand the things I never said. You can understand the pain which is not visible to anyone. You are the Best Brother...! Happy Bahi Dooj To You...!!