R&B diva Beyoncé will be celebrating her 34th birthday on Friday, 4 September. As Queen Bey fans, we thought it best to compile a list of some of the most interesting facts about her:
- Born Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, Queen Bey started singing at a very young age, and went on to join the R&B band Girl's Tyme, in which Kelly Rowland was also a member, at the age of 9.
- Queen Bey is an extremely generous celebrity and in addition to a couple of foundations in her name, she lends support to NGOs like Chime for Change, Girl Up, Elevate Network, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, and I Was Here.
- The R&B queen has an affinity towards the number 4; she was born on 4 September, Jay Z on 4 December, the both of them got married on 4 April and she also titled her fourth album "Four".
- Before the birth of her adorable daughter Blue Ivy, Beyoncé suffered a miscarriage and her husband Jay Z rapped about it in "Glory". "Last time the miscarriage was so tragic, we was afraid you disappeared," went the verse.
- Although she is perfect to the entire world today, she had once revealed during a People Magazine interview that she was teased for her ears that were apparently bigger than her head; bet they're eating their words now.
- Although she has a fragrance line, and has successfully sold many scents, Beyoncé is allergic to perfumes, and has all her scents chemically altered so that she doesn't develop hives all over her body.
- Beyoncé reportedly has records of all her interviews in her archives, so no one can misquote her. If they do, she has all the facts at hand.