DICE, developer of the problematic FPS video game Battlefield 4, has released a new patch for the game's Xbox 360 version. The patch brings in several fixes to issues which were affecting the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4.
The patch will fix issues like crashes, invisible walls, loading screen freezes and many more. DICE has also stated that they are also working on a new patch for the PC version of the game. (See Also: Battlefield 4 PC Patch)
"We are working on a fix for an issue on PC that causes the game to freeze, resulting in a sound loop," said DICE on Battlelog. "We will share more information once available."
Meanwhile, here is the Complete Patch Notes for the new Battlefield 4 patch, released for Xbox 360:
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren't properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
- Fix for an issue where the "Draw" message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn't scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
- Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations
How to Unlock MTAR-21?
MTAR-21 is not a new weapon in the Battlefield franchise. This is a fan favorite gun that was brought back into Battlefield 4 (via China Rising DLC) from Battlefield 3.
Players have always loved this gun due to its high rate of firing. For players to unlock the MTAR-21, the following steps have to be followed.
- Gain access to China Rising DLC.
- Reach rank 10.
- Multi Talent assignment will then be unlocked.
- Now, once assignment is open, players have to:
- Make a kill with sniper rifle.
- Make a kill with assault rifle.
- Make a kill with LMG.
- Make a kill with hand grenade
- All the kills must be made and completed in the same round.
- The kills might not necessarily have to be on the China Rising map.
Handgun Shortcut Kit details
DICE is offering free battlepacks (everyday), XP boosts and soldier portraits as a part of its Player Appreciation month for Battlefield 4. Apart from these, players will also be getting weapon packs which will unlock all available guns - the Handgun Shortcut Kit. This is to make up for the two-month long issues after the game's launch.
Players have to note that the Handgun Shortcut Kit is freely available on Origin for a limited period from 18 Feb to 24 Feb. Once the promotion is over, the Kit will cost $4.99. This pack will also be available on Xbox Live and very soon on PlayStation Network.
The Handgun Shortcut Kit will be unlocking the following handguns:
- SHORTY 12G
- .44 MAGNUM
- Compact 45