DICE is bringing some excitement back into the Electronic Arts FPS gaming title Battlefield 4 with the release of a new Winter patch.
As in the case of any new update, the patch is expected to bring a range of improvements and fixes to Battlefield 4, enhancing the gameplay experience for the player.
It has to be noted that these improvements were based on the feedback received from the Battlefield 4 community.
Players will see the addition of a new feature Squad Obliteration game mode with an eSports focus. The patch notes will reveal that most of the issues that were associated with the different aspects of the game were also addressed, like the matchmaking support.
Apart from this, the game will see improvements in Netcode, addition of three new Premium playlists, issue fixes on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles.
DICE has added a new feature that will allow new players who are rank 10 and below to play with players of their own levels and they will not be encountering player higher than them. This feature is called the server mode.
The patch weighs 400MB on the PC and 1.3GB on consoles.
Battlefield 4 was released on 29 October, 2013 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Since its release, the game has had five DLCs until now -- China Rising, Second Assault, Naval Strike, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand.
Battlefield 4 had to face a lot of issues in the multiplayers segment following its release.
Below are the full patch notes for Battlefield 4's Winter update (Battlelog):
- Added Squad Obliteration game mode
- Added support for New player servers (rank 10 and down)
- Added support for matchmaking into ranked servers (in addition to standard official)
- Various anti-cheat improvements implemented
- In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
- In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase
- In combat system now temporarily disables First Aid Kit healing based on damage taken
- Decouple vehicle aiming from turning option added
- Added Mastery Dog tags for several weapons that were previously missing
- Added 3 new Premium playlists: 'Large Scale Battles', 'The Battlefield', and 'Close Quarters'
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an error about stats not fetching, if connecting to a session after immediately being disconnected
- Fixed an exploit related to CTF/Obliteration exploit using M224 Mortar/MAV/EOD Bot
- PC – Several AMD Mantle optimizations
- PC – Various graphical performance improvements
- PS4/XBOX ONE – Fixed a case where the Battledash would not show after signing out of a profile while in the rent-a-server section
- PS4/XBOX ONE – Fixed naming inconsistency with the server browser and quick match for Conquest Large
- Xbox One – Fixed an issue where the user would sometimes not enter friends online session when joining through 'Friends List'
- Xbox One – Fixed an issue where Digital Premium Edition did not give premium access on Battlelog
- X360 – Fixed an issue where performing a sign-in change during game would sometimes result in endless black loading screen
- X360 – Fixed an issue where multiple users in the same squad would crash if the squad leader disconnected from a full server
- Added option for player to separately toggle the slowdown and auto rotation components of aim assist. Server admins can now enforce a disable of the auto rotation component on ranked servers
- All consoles – Fixed an issue where it was not possible to join a rented server that had a password set
- Footsteps: Significantly improved audio of footsteps for enemies and friendlies so that they can clearly be heard. Also fixed an issue where grenades explosions or other loud sounds would mute footstep sounds
- Fixed an issue where EOR music would not play in CTF
- PC – TDM/SQDM: 'Tension music' now correctly playing for all teams in TDM and SQDM
- Updated the shading for many of the Dog tag country flags to make them more accurate
- Animation: Cleaned up fast side to side movement of the character in third person
- Fixed an issue where tracers would incorrectly show up on bullet impacts
- Fixed an issue where the soldier camouflage selected would change to default between rounds
- Fixed the cropped "Ready" status on the F-35 and J-20 fighter jets so that it is now fully visible
- Fixed a HUD related issue that would sometimes occur when players on the same server would use the FLIR/IRNV
- Dog tags will now display stats both in game and in menus
- Several hit indicator and crosshair improvements
- Fixed an issue where a player's health is displayed incorrectly when they get hit while regenerating health
- Updated HUD Logic for several weapons so that they show "overheat" messages correctly
- Tweaked Jet HUDs to be more clear
- Improved scout helicopter crosshairs
- All consoles – Removed an incorrect reference to parachute in the customization screen
- Deploy screen – Added deploy screen advanced options to show vehicle passengers, more details on occupants and squad mates
- Deploy screen – Improved squad mate selection when in vehicles
- All helicopters have new more agile physics applied (you can do both barrel rolls and loops!)
- Animation updates for m412 and sw30
- Fixed an audio bug where the air missiles or TV guided missiles would play multiple times for one shot
- Fixed an audio bug where the FAC boat cannons would loop indefinitely
- Adjusted the graphics for the Kobra red dot reticle to make it longer to more closely match the actual reticle
- Removed small animation played when going into sprint for any weapons that have a fore grip
- Adjusted QBZ95 fore grip position in first person
- Fix for RPK74 bolt cycle during fire animation
- Improved HUD clarity for red dot sights against snowy/bright backgrounds – AND improved PS3/Xbox360 look as well
- PS3/PS4 – Fixed an instance where a player would be unable to switch back to the bow from a secondary weapon if spawning as a passenger in a vehicle
- X360 – Fixed an issue where Vehicle IRNV would not detect infantry on equal elevation properly
- PS3/PS4 –Fixed an issue where a user would get stuck when descending the ladder that leads to the lower Hangar
- Fixed a sound bug that would cause the titan engine audio to become distorted
- Fixed various smaller sound issues
- Fixed an issue where user would encounter snowing VFX inside of the hallway west of objective B if spawning on squad mate.
- Fixed a collision issue which would cause players to fall down from the big neon sign that is used as a bridge between 2 buildings
- Fixed an issue where a user could see through the game world after destroying part of a building situated near the CN base
- Fixed several collision issues that would occur after the mudslide levolution was triggered. The mudslide has also been optimized to reduce visual glitches
- Rush - Fixed issues with the EDO bot having no collision with several sidewalks around the US base first set of M-coms
- Fixed an issue with an indestructible window in the house at the center of the map
- Fixed an issue where a player could get stuck behind the pipes at Flag C and be forced to redeploy
- Xbox One - Various issues collision near the valves and between them after the levolution event
- Made collision conform closer to render mesh for destroyed track pieces. Moved collision volume in the level to accommodate the new changes to the adjusted object collision
- Fixed several collision issues based on community feedback
- Fixed an issue where users where able to get C4 kills through the roof
- Fixed several collision issues based on community feedback
- FLOOD ZONE
Siege Of Shanghai
- Improved collision issues on several skyscrapers
- Fixed an issue where a user is unable to deploy Radio Beacon, MAV and similar gadgets on the boardwalk located north from the water and south from objective C
- Added collision in the ceiling of the cave so that is no longer possible to hide there with the little bird
Gulf Of Oman
- Lights now no longer stay intact once building is destroyed