Ajay Munot, a businessman from Lasar town located in Maharashtra's Aurangabad district, gifted 90 houses to the homeless as a gift to his daughter on her wedding.
Munot, a wholesale trader of cloth and wheat, constructed a colony of 90 one-BHK houses costing Rs 1.5 crore on two acres of land and gifted it to the poor.
The people were selected by the family on the basis of three criterias:
- The individual needs to be poor
- The person lives in a slum
- The individual does not have any kind of addiction
Both the bride and the groom have lauded Munot's gesture. However, the man said that the idea was suggested by a BJP MLA and that he did not want to organise a lavish wedding ceremony or book hotels for his daughter's wedding, NDTV reported.
Around 40 families have already moved in to the houses and more are expected to shift in the coming days.
- Sunny Leone pics of her brother's wedding, now that's gorgeous!
- Yash-Radhika Pandit wedding: Why Darshan skipped the star couple's marriage?
- Pippa Middleton wedding: Duchess of Cambridge Kate's children Prince George, Princess Charlotte to be page boy, flower girl
- Gali Janardhan Reddy's daughter Brahmani's wedding: Interesting facts about big-fat Reddy marriage